Master's Degree in Materials Science and Engineering
The selection and appropriate use of a material requires chemical expertise that draws on knowledge of the material preparation and characterization sectors, and training in interpretation and modeling of the structural and functional properties of materials. Designed specifically for students taking courses in which chemistry is the predominant subject, the CPCM curriculum offers training courses in each of these different sectors. The content of the teaching program is the result of a general synthesis concerning sustainable development and the use of innovative materials that provide a potential response to new requirements and challenges related to energy and the environment.
The teaching program, comprising lectures, supervised and practical work and case studies, is taught by university lecturers and researchers, but also by personnel from the socio-professional sector.
The practical work and case studies are done in the laboratories of the Multidisciplinary Research Institute for the Environment and Materials (IPREM CNRS UMR 5254), using highperformance and top-level apparatus. The program also includes modules that prepare students for entering the world of work, use of English in courses and for writing scientific publications, and internships in companies and academic research laboratories.
- Minimum required score: CECRL B2 level in English
- None but French language courses are included in the formation
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
- Materials For Energy Storage And Conversion 4 ECTS
- Materials: Nano Materials, Bio Materials And Hybrid Materials 4 ECTS
- Surface Chemistry And Interfaces 4 ECTS
- Modelisation Of Materials With Specific Properties 4 ECTS
- Optical Properties Of Materials 4 ECTS
- Methods And Techniques For Polymer-based
- Materials Synthesis 4 ECTS
- Natural Polymers - Biomass Valorization 4 ECTS
- Project Management - Industrial property
and patents 2 ECTS
- Formulation of adhesives 2 ECTS
- Theoretical Chemistry applied to the study of materials 4 ECTS
- Theoretical Chemistry and Spectroscopies 2 ECTS
- Organic Based Nanomaterials from (nano) morphologies to advanced properties 2 ECTS
- Internship in research in the fields of polymer chemistry, inorganic chemistry, materials, energy, storage and conversion, physical-chemistry, theoretical chemistry 30 ECTS
At the end of this program, the students in the “Materials Science and Engineering: Chemistry and Physico-Chemistry of Materials master’s degree ” will be able to:
- Prepare materials and samples,
- Use surface and volume analytical techniques to achieve a sound
command of materials characterization,
- Validate, interpret and model experimental results,
- Write a synthesis report and communicate appropriately with experts,
- Produce quality research,
- Carry out a research project.
- Prepare students at an advanced specialized level to meet present and future challenges in specialty areas in chemistry, polymers, inorganic chemistry and modeling
- Develop engineering research skills to engage in quality and successful research
- Prepare students for leading positions in industry and government Research and Development departments:
- Project Manager
- Senior manager in design and development (design engineer), in production (process engineer, production
engineer), responsible for quality operations or even production management
- Technical Director (R&D)
- Teacher-researcher (possible at the end of a doctorate)
Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
The University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) is a multidisciplinary university which covers three major areas of study: Law, economics, business, management Science and technology Literature, languages, arts, social sciences and humanities and sport UPPA offers its students...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Materials Science and Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.