Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering Reinforcement
The Master of Petroleum Engineering offers a classical two-year training in French and a one-year training in English for graduate students.
The one-year class "Petroleum Engineering Reinforcement" (~350 h lecture and 5-6 monts internship) will be particularly appreciated by foreign students who wish to reinforce their background in different fields of petroleum engineering.
This Master benefits from a particularly rich environment in geosciences and energy.
The Master is part of the Faculty of Sciences and Technologies for Energy and Environment (STEE). The STEE Faculty has been founded within the framework of the prestigious label I-SITE which granted the project Energy Environment Solutions (E2S).
The Master benefits also from the close environment of Carnot ISIFOR (Sustainable Engineering of Georesources) and a national pole for Geosciences and Innovation (Avenia). In addition, Pau hosts dozens of Petroleum companies, including Total, Terega, Modis, etc... Pau has therefore one of the highest concentration of petroleum engineers and scientists in France.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum required score CECRL B2 level in English
Applicants must hold a Master of Engineering in fields such as petroleum engineering, geosciences and/or physics. Note that a background in chemistry is not recommended for this master.
Students must have a Master Degree and must be ranked in the top 20%.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Petroleum Engineering Reinforcement training program aims to complete the initial training of petroleum engineers with specific competences in geosciences, reservoir engineering and oil and gas production.
This personalized one-year training program is composed of courses selected from the three tracks of the 2 year Master program:
The geosciences track offers an integrated approach, which includes:
• Geological characterization (basin analysis, reservoir characterization, structural and sedimentological)
• Geophysical characterization (acquisition, processing and interpretation of seismic data)
• Well Analysis (well logging and seismic)
The reservoir track proposes:
• To evaluate the deposits discovered
• To optimize their development as well as their production
The production track aims to train specialized executives in the field of oil and gas production and in the evaluation of the associated processing needs.
MANDATORY - 10 ECTS
• Unconventional Resources 4 ECTS
• Health, Safety & Environment 2 ECTS
• Project Management 2 ECTS
• French as a foreign language 2 ECTS
OPTIONAL - 20 ECTS
• Field case Geosciences (or) Reservoirs (or) Production 4 ECTS
• Seismic Interpretation 4 ECTS
• Basin Deformation 2 4 ECTS
• Inversion and optimization 4 ECTS
• Sedimentary Systems 4 ECTS
• Well Logging 4 ECTS
• Advanced Reservoir Simulation 4 ECTS
• Numerical upscaling 4 ECTS
• Enhanced Oil recovery 4 ECTS
RESEARCH INTERNSHIP - 30 ECTS
This internship is intended to allow students applying a scientific approach and project management methodologies for an academic or industrial research project (of a duration from 5 to 6 months). Note that a minimum grant of ~550€/month is provided if the student is doing his internship in France.
LEVEL OBTAINED: Master Degree
At the end of this program, according to their optional choices, the students
in the “Petroleum Engineering Reinforcement Master” will be able to:
Geosciences path :
• Acquire, process and interpret geological and geophysical data
• Contribute to the operational development and production of traditional
reservoirs (simulation of reservoirs) and unconventional reservoirs
• Select subsurface and surface facility equipment to produce oil and gas
• Optimize oil and gas production, in petrochemical laboratories to study
and characterize the produced fluids
• Use new technologies related to production of unconventional oils.
About this institute
Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
The University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) is a multidisciplinary university which covers three major areas of study: Law, economics, business, management Science and technology Literature, languages, arts, social sciences and humanities and sport UPPA offers its students...
Want to know more about Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering Reinforcement? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.