Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc in Science, Conservation & Valorization of Marine Resources
In a world that is finally beginning to understand the importance of the ocean to our society, it is critical that scientific, economic and societal stakeholders work together. Science seeks to better understand the relationships between marine organisms and their environment, thus facilitating the protection of the ocean by highlighting its value to society. In parallel, our understanding of the marine environment opens up new economic opportunities in the fields of aquaculture, pharmaceuticals, cosmeceuticals, tourism, construction and energy.
The MSc degree in Science, Conservation and Valorization of Marine Resources prepares students to pursue a PhD, as a prelude to their future research career. They will also be able to develop conservation projects locally or internationally. Students will have the foundations to enter the private sector, where they will be able to model the marine environment, become project managers or auditors in environmental consulting firms. Finally, they can become entrepreneurs by developing the countless marine resources that they will help to protect.
MARRES is a scientific graduate program. It requires a solid background in life science obtained thanks to a 3 or 4-year bachelor or licence (French term) in a related discipline (biology, conservation and/or biochemistry). Anyway, we regularly open our program to students with other backgrounds (such as engineering, management, economy, communication), provided they can demonstrate outstanding levels of maturity, motivation and an already good knowledge of biology in general, or marine science in particular, acquired from non-academic pipelines (such as great diving experiences and marine conservation programs).
The English proficiency of applicants must correspond to a B2 level (preferentially C1). It must be recognized by an official test (such as Toefl iBT >60, Toefl ITP >520 or IELTS >6.0), by having attended successfully to an undergraduate or graduate program delivered fully in English, or by being a native speaker.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Marine Ecology & Conservation
- Depict Marine Biodiversity
- The Scientific Adventure
- The Blue Growth
- Marine Resource & Environment Law
- Project Management & Professional Communication
- Immersion Project, Phase 1: Warm Up
- Response of Marine Organisms to their Environment
- Natural Products Valorization
- Multivariate Analysis & Modeling
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation 1: Business models
- Immersion Project, Phase 2: Internship
- Fisheries Biology, Management & Conservation
- Remote Sensing for Ocean Research, Management, & Innovation
- Analytical Chemistry for Identification of Bioactive Molecules
- Environmental Impact & Quality Assessment
- Unexpected Potentials of Marine Resources
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation 2: Intellectual Property
- Immersion Project, Phase 3: Polish Up & Coach
- End-of-Study Internship (Thesis)
Tuition fees for non-EU students are set to 5000€ per year.
Tuition fees for French and EU students range from 300€ to 5000€ depending on the household income of the parents.
Scholarships & funding
Merit-based scholarships may exceptionally be allocated by the admission committee on the basis of the excellence of the student's background.
Financial support may be provided for the internship's international mobility and for obtaining certifications (diving, language, boat driver licence...) on the basis of the student's project and success.
Through an interdisciplinary approach, we will help students to:
- Acquire high-level scientific knowledge, develop critical thinking and adopt the scientific approach in all circumstances
- Assess the current and emerging ocean-related challenges, and their possible solutions according to the level of development of the country
- Contribute to wised decision-making, through environmental quality and impact analysis, and by adapting communication to a targeted audience
- Recognize and combine scientific, economic and social potential of marine resources
Our interdisciplinary approach, combined with empowering immersion projects, allows students to become researchers, conservation specialists, environmental consultant, or entrepreneurs. Whatever their interests, they will become the open-minded specialist that our society needs to solve current and emerging ocean issues.
About this institute
Université Côte d'Azur
Université Côte d’Azur (UCA ) is a recently created cluster of higher education establishments on the French Riviera that brings together the major players in higher education and research on the Côte d’Azur. Université Côte d’Azur aims to develop a...
Want to know more about MSc MARRES - Science, Conservation & Valorization of Marine Resources ? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Auckland, New Zealand