MSc in Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence
Data Science and artificial intelligence (AI) are the emergent fields of activity with the most important needs within the digital economy in the coming years. This need is mainly due to the increasing capacities in data acquisition and processing. The UCA master Data Science trains specialists in mathematical techniques and computer tools necessary for the extraction of knowledge from masses of data. Join the most strategic field of the digital economy and learn its fundamental methods and algorithms with the master "Data Science" of UCA!
The master Data Science & AI is a 2 year MSc run by Université Côte d’Azur. It provides training in data science and AI methods, emphasizing mathematical and computer science perspectives. Students will receive a thorough grounding in theory as well as learn technical and practical skills of data science, enabling them to apply advanced methods of data science and AI to investigate real world questions. The core courses will provide students with comprehensive coverage of some fundamental aspects of data, computational techniques and statistical analysis. Students will then choose courses from a range of optional modules ranging from Distributed Computing for Big Data and Statistical Computing, to Financial Statistics, Management and Marketing. The program will combine traditional lectures with computer lab sessions, in which students will work with data to complete hands on exercises using programming tools or on real data brought by professionals working in the industry.
Some courses may be held in Campus Valrose or Campus SophiaTech.
- Students who start the Data Science program in the first year must be fluent in English and have an established background in Mathematics or Computer Science, for example, with a bachelor's degree or a license (French undergraduate degree) in a relevant field.
- Students with a limited background in Mathematics or Computer Science and students who do not meet the proficiency requirements in English (a Toefl ITP 520 or iBT score 60 will be requested) can apply, but will be encouraged to take additional preparatory steps before starting the program.
- Students who cannot attend the program on-site (for example, because of work commitments or for medical reasons) are able to apply for the online program. However, these students should note that a certain period of attendance is mandatory each semester.
- Students with a strong background in Mathematics and Computer Science (from other programs) may apply for second-year parallel admission (opening Fall 2019). A selection committee will study the viability of such a proposal.
- Students are expected to be curious and open-minded, especially regarding the different fields of application of Data Science.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basic Probability
- Basic Algebra for Data Analysis
- Basic Algorithmic
- Basic tools for System Management
- Statistical inference: theory and practice I & II
- Processing large datasets with R
- Data visualization
- A general introduction to Data Mining
- Technologies for Big Data with Python
- Distributed Big Data Systems
- Security and ethical aspects of data
- Theory of Statistical learning I & II
- Machine Learning: from theory to practice I & II
- Case studies
- Model selection and resampling methods
- Optimization for Data Science
- Web of Data
- Parallel Programming
- Digital Marketing
- Internship 4 months
- Statistical Learning in High Dimensions
- Bayesian Learning
- Distributed Optimization and Games
- Advanced Learning: functional, mixed and text data
- Statistical Analysis of Graphs
- Medical Image Processing
- Deep Learning
- Introduction to Information Theory
- Optimization under constraints
- Tensor Decompositions: models, algorithms and applications
- Computer Vision
- Internship 6 months
Tuition fees are 4000€ per year, but may vary according to your residence status, namely if you are a resident of an EU county or of a country outside the EU.
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
The MSc Data Science & Artificial Intelligence leads to Ph. D. programs in the area of applied mathematics, computer sciences and AI.
Our interdisciplinary approach, combined with innovative learning methods, allows students to obtain positions in private companies and public research institutes. They could pretend to positions such as data scientist, data miner, research assistant and, after a Ph.D., research engineer and researcher in Data Science of Artificial Intelligence.
About this institute
Université Côte d'Azur
Université Côte d’Azur (UCA ) is a recently created cluster of higher education establishments on the French Riviera that brings together the major players in higher education and research on the Côte d’Azur. Université Côte d’Azur aims to develop a...
Want to know more about MSc Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...