MSc BOOST - Biocontrol Solutions for Plant HealthUniversité Côte d'Azur
MSc BOOST - Biocontrol Solutions for Plant Health
BOOST MSc objective is to train students so they'll be able to conduct research programs and R&D of eco-friendly plant protection solutions. A major global challenge is to implement ecofriendly plant production technologies, while minimizing the hazards and risks to human health and the environment. This challenge is faced by all economic sectors that produce or use plants: agriculture, agrifood, cosmetics, pharmaceutics.
- Content in English provided by professors, researchers from “Université Côte d’Azur” (UCA) and invited experts.
- In addition to internships, students will acquire experience of teamwork by conducting mentored team-projects in professional situations: research projects, public-private collaborations, expertise, etc.
- Thanks to our large network of partners BOOST MSc will benefit from a direct link with the fast growing biocontrol, biostimulants and plant breeding innovation sectors.
- Training directly at the premises of the laboratories of the “Université Côte d’Azur” (UCA), in particular in INRA PACA premises with “Institut Sophia Agrobiotech” (INRA, UCA, CNRS), first laboratory on biocontrol in France.
Eligible students hold a bachelor (180 ECTS credits or equivalent with certified translation in English) and wish to specialize in research & innovation on plant genetic improvement, biological control, defense stimulation or biostimulation.
Required English level will be based on proof of good English competencies (TOEFL, TOEIC or equivalent). If application is of interest for BOOST MSc, English level will also be evaluated during BOOST interview by Skype.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Data Analysis 1
- Law & IP 1
- Management 1
- Chemical Mediators and Behavioral Ecology
- Analytical Chemistry and Formulation
- Plant Responses to Biotic Stress
- Interactions: Evolution & Adaptation 1
- Systematic and Community Ecology
- Data Analysis 2
- Law & IP 2
- Management 2
- Plant Responses to Abiotic Stress, Biostimulants
- Interactions: Evolution & Adaptation 2
- Biocontrol and Risk Assessment
Customizable training programs
Customizable training program thanks to mentored professional teamwork projects and internships. Opportunities to focus on one of 3 major challenges for Biocontrol in the future or to mix and match challenges:
- Challenge One: Bio-inputs based on substances and molecules
- Challenge Two: Plant improvement
- Challenge Three: Bio-inputs based on macro- and micro-organisms
Each year (MSc 1 and MSc 2), student will pick 2 mentored projects to work on.
Internship & Master thesis
Semesters 2 and 4 of BOOST MSc program are dedicated to internships and Master thesis:
- 4 months in MSc1 from March to June/July (can be up to 6 months upon request);
- 6 months in MSc2 from January to July.
Internships and Master theses could be conducted at “Institut Sophia Agrobiotech", one of UCA laboratories, at Partner Institutions or non-academic companies either in Europe or non-European countries. BOOST MSc teaching committee will propose a list of internships in Science, Management and Entrepreneurship. However, students are anyway expected to search for their own opportunities.
Results of the Internship work will be presented as a report or Master thesis. The students will also give an overview of their work in a conference with professors and invited experts.
EU students: 300€ / year
Non-EU students: 4000€ / year
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Project manager, researcher or consultant for public abs, private companies or NGOs,
specializing in agriculture, agrifood, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
About this institute
Université Côte d'Azur
Université Côte d’Azur (UCA ) is a recently created cluster of higher education establishments on the French Riviera that brings together the major players in higher education and research on the Côte d’Azur. Université Côte d’Azur aims to develop a...
Want to know more about MSc BOOST - Biocontrol Solutions for Plant Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...