Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc Biobanks and Complex Data ManagementUniversité Côte d'Azur
MSc Biobanks and Complex Data Management
This postgraduate program is dedicated for Biological Sciences students looking to gain professional skills to deliver an evolving biobank service that meets regulatory and user requirements.
- First Professional Master of its kind in Europe on Biobanking and Complex Data Management.
- Run in a State University and developed by leading experts in the field.
- Exceptional expertise in biobanking across BioBank06 and Nice University Hospital Partners, including state-of-the-art human, plant, and animal biobanks.
- Master’s program entirely in English.
- European exchanges among a wide network of academic and industry partners.
- Two in-company internships of 6 months during the 2 years of training (France / International).
This program is is open to high-level graduates holding a bachelor degree of at least three years (BAC + 3) in the field of Life Sciences (biology, pharmacy, biotech, etc.) who have interest in the field of biobanking or wish to specialize or broaden their professional knowledge in biobanking.
Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
We welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities, who are fluent in English and who have a strong quantitative background. French language proficiency is not an admission criterion.
Our students will respect the following conditions:
- The students are fluent English speakers (a Language Certificate may be required).
- Able to commit at least 6 months internship abroad (M1, M2 or both).
- Full-time courses (EN: mandatory attendance).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First year (M1 core courses)
- TM1. Human Health – Agro-environment
- TM2. Quality in Biobanking
- TM3. Ethics, legislation & social issues
- TM4. Hygiene and Security
- TM5. Management and Project Management
- TM6. Technical Unit at the Biobank Côte d’Azur
Second year (M2 core courses)
- TM1. Economic model in biobanking
- TM2. Complex data management
- TM3. International networks
- TM4. Professional Integration
- TM5. Communication & Marketing in english + TOEIC
- TM6. Manage your future career
Students will dedicate themselves to group-based studies. They will be asked to defend their analysis of a concrete, current issue raised by a biobank. The group recommendations will be presented in front of faculty members.
Internship Market Workshops
Internship market workshops aim to better prepare students for their internship search and cover topics like CV presentation, assessment centers and handling interviews.
Students must write a master's thesis to graduate from this program. It represents an important component of the Master’s learning experience. The objective of the thesis is to explore cutting-edge research implementation in daily practice within a highly competitive biobanking environment. Student has to present his internship report during an oral defense of 20 minutes in English.
Fees for French and European students: from 300€ to 4000€ per year (depend on your parents' incomes)
Fees for International students: 4000€ per year
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
This program will provide the following skills and knowledge to students:
- Organization and implementation of biobanks at the national and international levels
- Quality management and risk management of biobanks
- Infrastructure of a biobank, budgeting and biobank sustainability or 'Biobankonomic'
- Sample management and ethical, legal, and societal aspects of biobanking
- Management of complex data associated to biological samples (including biostatistics, epidemiology, mathematical modelling and machine learning)
- European and International biobanking networks
- Professional development and marketing
"Biobanks and Complex Data Management" Professional Master prepares graduates for a number of high-level positions in biobanking with a strong emphasis on industrial, technological and international environment.
Graduates of the program may qualify for these positions:
- Biobank Manager/Administrator
- Biobank quality Manager
- Data Manager
- Scientific Adviser to public and private sector clients
- Product Manager
- Regulatory Specialist
- Technological Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
- Logistics Manager/Administrator
- Logistics Analyst
- Academia laboratories
- Hospital laboratories and biobanks
- Private companies (pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, diagnostic companies)
- Biodiversity conservatories
- National and international non-profit organizations
About this institute
Université Côte d'Azur
Université Côte d’Azur (UCA ) is a recently created cluster of higher education establishments on the French Riviera that brings together the major players in higher education and research on the Côte d’Azur. Université Côte d’Azur aims to develop a...
Want to know more about MSc Biobanks and Complex Data Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...