Master's Degree in Technology and Engineering ManagementUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Technology and Engineering Management
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Technology and Engineering Management
The master’s degree in Technology and Engineering Management (MEM) is a challenging 1.5-year (90 ECTS credits) professional and academic degree programme offered by the Terrassa School of Industrial, Aerospace and Audiovisual Engineering (ESEIAAT). The objective of the MEM is to develop the knowledge and skills of engineers and scientists in the management of people, projects, resources and organisations in technical environments. The MEM focuses on effective decision making in engineering and technological organisations in today’s competitive and rapidly changing business environment.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
In addition to these general access requirements, which apply to all master's degree courses, specific admission requirements may be set for each programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Finance and Accounting
The objective of this course is to introduce the student to the world of corporate finance. This will result in the exposure to many types of financial concepts as well as basic procedures for the application and interpretation of financial statement analysis.
Tools for Decision Making
The course Tools for Decision Analysis introduces students o the concepts, principles and techniques of data analysis, linear programming, integer-mixed linear programming, and Markov chains for making smart and successful decisions in different contexts.
Production and Logistics
The course Production and Logistics introduces students to he concepts, principles and techniques associated with the production system supply chain management. This course examines the value stream from suppliers to customers, including the purchasing process, the production process, the planning process, the distribution process, as well as the process of monitoring and improving the whole system.
Core ideas about the current legislation on patents, rights to protection, and internalizing are some examples of the content of this course. Students will also learn about the effects of changes in macroeconomy on technology companies.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €4,149
- Non-EU students: €6,224
90 ECTS credits
- Exploratory analysis of quantitative data to identify patterns.
- Confirmatory analysis of quantitative data to identify patterns.
- Optimisation of problems and systems using mathematical models and skills in making decisions involving uncertainty.
- Application of basic and theoretical principles of technology management and engineering in uncertain environments.
- Analysis of physical and economic needs in process and project management in technological environments.
- Optimal allocation of physical and economic resources in process and project management in technological environments.
- Process and project management in uncertain technological environments.
- Evaluation of the results of process and project development in technological environments influenced by process uncertainty.
All graduates will be able to:
- Manage and lead cross-disciplinary engineering and science-based teams.
- Apply quantitative analytical and critical thinking techniques in project and process management.
- Take a multidisciplinary approach to solving complex problems that involve integrating engineering and management principles in projects and processes.
- Communicate crearly in the language of business with a variety of audiences.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Technology and Engineering Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Kent, United States of America