Master's Degree in Pure and Applied LogicUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Pure and Applied Logic
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Pure and Applied Logic
The master's degree in Pure and Applied Logic, coordinated by the Universitat de Barcelona (UB) and with the UPC as a participant, provides a solid background in advanced logic, both pure and applied. Its courses cover a wide variety of areas, from mathematical logic and applications to computer science, artificial intelligence and computational linguistics. In addition, two foundation courses are offered to students who require a basic introduction to logic or mathematics.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
In addition to these general access requirements, which apply to all master's degree courses, specific admission requirements may be set for each programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basic Model Theory
- Basic Set Theory
- Mathematical Logic
- Non-Classical Logics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for more information about tuition fees.
90 ECTS credits
- Ability to carry out research and knowledge transfer in the professional sphere.
- Ability to initiate an academic career in the world of research, and particularly a doctoral course in logic at an international level.
This master’s degree promotes the acquisition of skills required for a professional or academic career: creativity, analysis of complex situations, innovation, learning capabilities, research capabilities and strategic decision making. It also promotes other general skills and values such as effective communication, teamwork and professional ethics.
On completing the master’s degree, students will be qualified for:
- Professional jobs requiring a high capacity for analysis of complex situations and strategic decision making.
- An academic career and research in many of the central areas in the field of logic.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Pure and Applied Logic? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...