Master's Degree in CybersecurityUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Cybersecurity
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Cybersecurity
The aim of the master’s degree in Cybersecurity is to offer students a solid scientific grounding in the field of information technology security so as to provide society with professionals who are highly specialised in data protection, infrastructure protection and application protection.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
English Level B2 is required for admission to the master’s degree and must be demonstrated when you enrol.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applications Security
- Cybersecurity Management
- Data Protection
- Network Security
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Brief Course on The Mathematics Behind Coding Theory and Cryptography
- Cybersecurity Usecases
- Master's Thesis
- Network Security - Authentication and Authorization
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography
- Secure Communications in Fiber-Optic Networks
- Securing 5G Fixed Network
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €2,766
- Non-EU students: €4,149
60 ECTS credits
- To design applications that have a high added value and are based on information and communication technologies (ICTs) applied to cybersecurity.
- To identify and select the most appropriate tools for detecting and analysing attacks and security incidents according to their nature and the setting in which they occurred.
- To identify and analyse the laws and regulations that apply in matters of cybersecurity and understand the ethical implications of cyber-defence techniques for users’ privacy and how to minimise them.
- To analyse cryptographic key encryption and management protocols according to their robustness from a mathematical perspective.
- To design, implement and operate authentication, authorisation and auditing protocols for information systems such as databases.
- To apply network traffic monitoring and analysis techniques for detecting cybersecurity attacks and investigating incidents.
- To design, develop, detect, analyse and eliminate malicious code that is able to infect and conceal itself within a current operating system.
- To identify and apply techniques for maintaining the security and privacy of distributed applications built on internet protocols.
- To carry out and present and defend before an examination committee an original, individual piece of work consisting of a cybersecurity engineering project that synthesisesthe competencies acquired on the master’s degree.
- Information and communication technologies.
- Computer programming.
- Public administration.
- Security analyst.
- Security risk specialist.
- Security consultant.
- Digital forensic analyst.
- Ethical hacker.
- Security operations centre (SOC) specialist.
- Chief security officer (CSO) in technology companies.
- CSO in non-technological companies that have IT departments.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 64 bachelor’s degrees, 75 master’s programs (30 of them fully in...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Cybersecurity? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America