About this program
University Master’s Degree in Language Acquisition and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Online, via video conferencing or via recording)
This online master’s degree provides advanced teacher training in innovative methodologies and approaches to language acquisition and teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to help improve teaching skills and competences. The master's degree combines an online teaching-learning environment, online contact sessions and a school teaching placement. The placement can be carried out in the candidate’s country of residence or abroad, through our pre-existing contacts with schools in Finland, the UK, Ireland, and the USA.
The growing importance of English as a global language, its introduction at increasingly younger ages in nursery school as well as the widespread implementation of CLIL have radically changed the needs, objectives and realities in the area of the teaching and learning of English as a foreign language (EFL) in schools. Therefore, schools need professionals who are not only highly proficient in the English language but also have the necessary teaching skills and competences to be able to respond effectively to the current demands of the school context as well as capable of working in multilingual, multicultural and interdisciplinary professional contexts.
- The minimum required level of English to access this master’s programme is B2+
- Open to holders of degrees and diplomas in pre-primary and primary education
- Open to holders of a degree who are involved in teaching at a pre-primary, primary, secondary, or upper-secondary level
- Open to professionals (with a degree) involved in non-formal education who aim to teach English as a foreign language
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Master’s Degree in Language Acquisition and Teaching English as a Foreign Language includes the following modules and subjects:
- Module 1-Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Module 2- School Teaching Placement
- Module 3- Acquisition of English as a Foreign Language
- Module 4- Research in Education
- Module 5- Final Master’s Degree Project (TFM)
€70 / ECTS x 60 (credits) = €4,200* (1st year 2020-2021)
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Welcome to the project of your life. UIC Barcelona is the ideal place for carrying it out. Since 1997, we have been developing people based on academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. Christian humanism inspires us to search...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Want to know more about University Master’s Degree in Language Acquisition and Teaching English as a Foreign Language? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.