Bachelor's Degree in Humanities & Cultural Studies
The UIC Barcelona Bachelor’s degree in Humanities aims to provide a solution to the demand that exists in many sectors of our society for people with a high level of knowledge in the area of humanities. The knowledge and tools that humanities studies acquire are increasingly considered to be some of the essential elements of decision-making in positions that require social and cultural responsibility. Humanities studies and the structural education they receive means they are prepared and qualified to adapt to professional requirements in a society that is becoming more dynamic and complex.
The Bachelor's Degree in Humanities and Cultural Studies will:
- Tackle the need to cultivate and research the “theoretical dimension” of culture, through a program which analyses the actual reality of the phenomenon in order to understand it, create it and apply it at the most diverse levels possible, particularly at an intercultural level.
- Provide creative and innovative responses to the demands and social challenges that exist in this field. Cultivating this is a fundamental factor today in terms of applying and setting out good cultural policies in the area of public administration and public and private institutions, industries, commercial sectors, etc.
- Provide a response to the various perspectives it involves leads to the appearance of few potential forms of employment today. Barcelona is currently one of Europe's most active "generators of culture". As a result, the general area (Barcelona/Catalonia) boasts ideal socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ensure that humanities studies are better nurtured, understood, valued and applied not only in society in general, but also by current and future employers.
- Prepare highly qualified professionals for the culture and intercultural relations sector.
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
The recommended profile for prospective students is that they are people who have:
- An interest in history, history of art, philosophy and literature.
- A broad interest in all aspects of humanities-related thought.
- An enjoyment of reading and working with texts.
- Logical reasoning, discussion, critique and debating skills.
- The desire to understand and hold a dialogue with cultures different to your own.
- Social awareness and an interest in participating in social/cultural cooperation projects, at local and international levels.
Request information to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
The cost of this program is € 3.840.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be awarded a Bachelor's Degree in Humanities & Cultural Studies.
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Welcome to the project of your life. UIC Barcelona is the ideal place for carrying it out. Since 1997, we have been developing people based on academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. Christian humanism inspires us to search...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Humanities & Cultural Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.