About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
UIC Barcelona is committed to providing its students with the best academic preparation in both the theoretical and practical realms, and also to providing them with the tools which are necessary for successful access to the labour market.
The teaching and learning process is based on the acquisition of competences:
- The ability to create architectural projects that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements. Adequate knowledge of architectural history and theory, as well as of art, technology, and the related areas of social sciences. Knowledge of fine art and the role it plays in architectural concepts. Sufficient knowledge of urban design and applied planning techniques
- The ability to perceive and understand the relationships between people and buildings, between buildings and their surroundings, as well as the need to link buildings to the spaces around them, depending on requirements and human scale. The ability to understand the architect's profession and its function in society, particularly in terms of becoming involved in projects which take social factors into account
- Knowledge of research methods and construction project preparation. Knowledge of the potential problems in structural design, construction, and engineering involved in construction projects
- Sufficient knowledge of physical problems and various technological tools, as well as the different functions of different buildings, and the ways they are endowed with internal structures or features which provide comfort and protection from climate related factors. Ability to plan in order to satisfy the demands of the building’s users in a way that respects the limits imposed by planning budgets and building regulations
- Sufficient knowledge of the industries, organisations, regulations and procedures relevant to launching construction projects, and incorporating designs into project planning
These competences are worked on through a variety of methodologies: lectures, problem-solving, research projects, site visits, project planning, and group and individual learning.
Their acquisition is evaluated using a variety of assessment tools that allow students to demonstrate their mastery of the course material. These include objective tests, papers, projects, portfolios, dossiers, memos, self-evaluation and interviews.
The competences are divided between theoretical classes, seminar-workshops, practical classes, external work experience, group and individual tutorials, and group and individual projects and study.
Request information to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The cost of this program is € 8.400.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be awarded a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Welcome to the project of your life. UIC Barcelona is the ideal place for carrying it out. Since 1997, we have been developing people based on academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. Christian humanism inspires us to search...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...