Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language to Spanish Speakers (Master)Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya
Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language to Spanish Speakers (Master)
This Master (university-specific programme) offers solid training both in Chinese language teaching and Spanish language, so Chinese students will be able to work as Chinese language teachers in the different educational settings of Spain and Latin America.
- Face-to-face classes
- Languages: English/Chinese/Spanish
- 60 Credits
- Hold a degree or its equivalent (on the domain of Education or humanities).
- Native level of Chinese, HSK6 or C1 (the courses will be given in Mandarin Chinese)
- Consolidated A2 level of Spanish
- Pass the selection interview
- Motivation letter
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Unit 1. Educational and Psychological Basis of The Teaching-Learning Process (14 Credits)
- Psychology of Education (6 credits)
- General teaching (4 credits)
- School, educational system and teaching role (4 credits)
Unit 2. Didactics of Chinese Teaching (10 Credits)
- Social, linguistic and cultural characteristics of the Spanish-speaking students and course planning. (2 credits)
- Theoretical basis for the teaching of Chinese phonetics, writing and grammar for Spanish-speaking students. (3 credits)
- Didactics and methodology of Chinese teaching. (3 credits)
- New technologies in teaching and Chinese learning. (1 credit)
- Intercultural communication competence. (1 credit)
Unit 3. Spanish And Its Use in The Classroom (20 Credits)
- Spanish learning A2 (6 credits)
- Spanish learning B1 (6 credits)
- Spanish learning B2 (6 credits)
- Spanish for the classroom (2 credits)
Unit 4. Internship (10 Credits)
It is 100 hours in which the students will be able to observe in classrooms, help the teachers in the preparation of the teaching materials and participate in the teaching activities giving Chinese lessons to Spanish-speaking students.
Unit 5. Final Dissertation (6 Credits)
Final project about a methodological or theoretical aspect compared to the internship of
Continuous evaluation, exams, internship assessment and final dissertation. A minimum of 90% of attendance will be required for the on-campus lessons. Regarding the internship unit, it will be required the 100% of the agreed hours according to the syllabus
Price on request
- To train professionals methodologically and educationally to the teaching of the Chinese language to children, teenagers and adults, particularly emphasising the use of communicational and interactive resources, as well as new technologies and internet.
- To achieve enough level of Spanish to be able to communicate in the classroom with Spanish-speaking students.
- To know the specific cultural environment and educational aspects of the Spanish educational model.
- To acquire the necessary theoretical basis of the prevailing approaches in Western teaching.
- To give the necessary educational and psychological tools to be able to teach Chinese to Spanish-speaking students. This master is aimed to give professional status to the students, thus, the theoretical content will be complemented with practical content and an internship in educational centres is offered. The master will be taught in Chinese and Spanish. It is the result of the collaboration between Universitat de Vic-Universitat Central de Catalunya and Fundación Instituto Confucio de Barcelona.
About this institute
Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya
University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia emerged from a regional and citizens’ initiative to continue with a university tradition that goes back to the Middle Ages. University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia is a public university...
Why study at Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language to Spanish Speakers (Master)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Auckland, New Zealand
Schenectady, United States of America