About this program
Master's Degree in Women, Gender and Citizenship
The master's degree in Women, Gender and Citizenship is an interdisciplinary course promoted by the Inter-University Institute of Women's Studies and Gender Research (IIEDG) and taught through a specific agreement between eight Catalan universities: the University of Barcelona (coordinator), the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the University of Girona, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Rovira i Virgili University, the University of Vic, the University of Lleida, and Pompeu Fabra University.
This is an official, interuniversity master's degree with a total study load of 90 credits and two specializations:
- Theory, Criticism and Culture
- Women, Work and Public Policy
The degree can be studied as a face-to-face course or as an on-line course. The degree structure, specializations, subject areas and subjects are the same in both options.
This program is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The general aim of this master's degree is to train researchers and professionals who can incorporate the gender perspective into research, teaching and governance, and thus contribute to promoting equality and improving the well-being of women and men in a fair and equitable society. This twofold aim is reflected in the two specializations offered.
The specialization in Theory, Criticism and Culture trains researchers and professionals capable of integrating a gender perspective into research, teaching and professional practice in all areas of scientific and technical knowledge and in the social and human sciences.
The specialization in Women, Work and Public Policies trains professionals capable of contributing to the design, implementation and evaluation of public policies from a feminist gender perspective, as well as the design, implementation and evaluation of equality plans.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!