About this program
Master's Degree in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management
The master's degree in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management, recognized at European level, is addressed to graduates interested in a professional or research career in areas dealing with the complex relationship between society and territory.
Based on the integrative approach of geography itself, the course aims to develop theoretical and applied skills in the field of territorial planning and environmental management, applicable to different environments and geographical scales including urban and rural environments and coastal, inland and mountain areas.
The degree is addressed to graduates interested in developing the theoretical and applied skills required for professional practice and research in the fields of spatial analysis, territorial planning and environmental management.
Classes are taught through the department of the Faculty, with guest lecturers from various universities in Spain and abroad and the participation of experts in local management, urban and regional planning, and environmental issues.
The program combines theoretical content with the analysis and resolution of practical cases, and one of its particular strengths is the inclusion of field trips, which contribute to the broad scope of the training in spatial planning and environmental management.
In particular, the degree is designed for graduates with previous studies in the analysis of physical and human processes relating to the complex and changing framework of interactions between society and territory.
The languages of instruction for this program are Catalan: 10%, Spanish: 80%, English: 10%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this program, students will:
- Develop the applied theoretical skills for professional practice and research in the field of spatial planning and environmental management, focusing on different scales and different geographical settings.
- Acquire the theoretical knowledge and practical know-how to use the main tools of spatial analysis, planning and management and to propose action plans for local and regional development founded on the ethical, responsible and sustainable use of local resources.
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarship, please visit the university website.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!