Master's Degree in Research in Behaviour and Cognition
The master's course is designed to train researchers to an internationally competitive level in behavioural sciences, specifically in the areas of personality and behaviour, cognition and plasticity, primatology and in research methodology in behavioural sciences. This program has obtained a quality award from the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU).
The teaching plan consists of a number of subjects that provide an overall update in the contents of these areas, complemented with solid training in research methodology and other related topics, such as neuroscience. The master's degree also prepares students to access the doctoral program. In particular, it is associated with the UB doctoral programs in Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, and in Biodiversity.
The languages of instruction for this program are English, 80%; Catalan, 10%; Spanish, 10%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
To access the master's degree, students must have a high level of English, as this is the language of instruction.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Behavior and cognition seminar
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Regression analysis and the general linear model
Cognition and Brain Plasticity Profile
- Advances in cognitive development
- Advances in language processes and memory
- Attention and Prediction in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational models in cognition and programming skills
- Learning and cognition
- Multisensory Perception
- Principles of decision making in perception and action
- Research in Human brain function
- Tools for data science
- Workshop in data analysis
- Workshop in neuroimaging techniques and sensory motor control
- Individual differences research
- Multivariate analysis and structural equation models
- Psychological assessment research
- Personality and cognition
- Psychological research on delinquency
- Behavioral genetics
Profile of primatology and ethology
- Origins of Human Behavior
- Primate Behavioural Ecology
- Behavioral observation
- Social behavior and animal cognition
- Modeling of primate behavior
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The master's degree is designed to provide internationally competitive training in behavioural sciences, particularly in the areas of personality, psychological assessment and treatment, basic psychology and psychobiology, and the methodology of the behavioural sciences.
On successful completion of the master's degree, students will have achieved the following competences in the program's target areas:
- Capacity to design, plan and carry out a scientific project to solve a specific research problem.
- Understanding of and capacity to apply data collection and analysis techniques for specific types of research.
- Understanding of and capacity to apply a range of data processing techniques.
- Ability to critically interpret scientific research.
- Ability to write scientific articles and books, and an understanding of the steps required for publication.
The training program is designed for people who wish to start a career as researchers in the fields of experimental psychology, behaviour, neurosciences and primatology. It is also suitable for professionals of the behavioural sciences and life sciences who wish to complement their research training.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Research in Behaviour and Cognition? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America