Master's Degree in Psychology and Education
The master's degree is addressed to graduates who want comprehensive and multidisciplinary training in the field of psychology and education. The course is essentially career oriented, and is aimed at working professionals in socio-educational fields and other graduates looking for further or specialized training.
The master's offers three specializations related to the two major environments in which professionals in psychology and education operate: education and social and labour. In relation to the social and labour environment, the specialization has the same name (Educational Counselling in Social and Labour Environments); and in relation to the educational environment, there are the two different specializations Psychological and Educational Intervention in Early Childhood and Primary Education, and Educational Counselling in Secondary Education. The latter corresponds to the master's degree that qualifies graduates to serve as teachers in compulsory secondary education, upper secondary education, vocational training and language training, with a specialization in educational guidance and counselling.
This program is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this program, students will:
- Train as an education professional with a solid understanding of educational psychology applied to academic and professional guidance, capable of dealing effectively with issues of diversity and providing guidance on teaching and learning processes, and understanding the difficulties inherent in these processes.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of how to plan and manage educational psychology services, including counselling, guidance and evaluation.
- Carry out effective critical analysis and interpretation of educational psychology policy, practice and treatment scenarios, which will provide the basis for competent professional practice and the improvement of teaching and learning processes.
- Employ a range of tools and strategies for improving the planning and management of educational psychology services, including counselling, guidance and evaluation.
- Learn to respond ethically and professionally to the various theoretical and practical issues raised during the course and that may arise in future professional practice.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The master's degree prepares students to practice educational psychology. Professional roles in the field of psychology and education are typically focused on educational processes related to counselling and guidance and teaching and learning in a wide range of occupations in both educational and socio-occupational environments.
Special education services:
- Advisory teams specializing in psychology and education.
- Special education services (centres for people with disabilities and motor skills disorders, educational resource centres for people with visual and auditory disabilities, etc.)
- Advisory teams specializing in language and social cohesion
- Teams specializing in general behavioural disorders
- Care centres and clinics specializing in early childhood development
- Residential learning centres
Career opportunities in socio-occupational environments:
- Public employment services
- Public information and counselling services (economic development, youth centres, immigration departments, etc.)
- Vocational guidance and job placement services
- Vocational training centres and training consultancies
- Business clusters
- Employment integration support services
- Special work centres
- Human resources departments and consultancies
- Educational and social foundations
- Publishing houses and media companies
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain