Master's Degree in People and Team Management and Development in OrganizationsUniversitat de Barcelona
About this program
Master's Degree in People and Team Management and Development in Organizations
The university master's degree in People and Teams Management and Development in Organizations (GDO) is a scientifically rigorous and socially relevant program. It is intended for people who want to move into the professional area of people management, or those who are currently working in this field.
The master's degree provides knowledge of current developments in theories and concepts of people management, and practical experience in methods and techniques of analysis and psychosocial intervention in organizational contexts (private companies, government departments and non-governmental organizations, among others).
The languages of instruction for this program are Catalan (40%); Spanish (40%); English (20%).
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Planning and management of people and groups
- Selection 2.0
- Knowledge Management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Economy foundations
- Legal foundations
- Work management
- Development of the talent: entrepreneurship
- Communication in the organisations
- Outdoor Initial: Enculturation
- Outdoor: Assessment
- Outdoor: Integration and Assessment of Competences
- Internship in companies
Master final project
- Master final project
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The master's degree People and Teams Management and Development in Organizations targets the following learning objectives:
The specific objectives of the program are to teach students how to manage human resources within organizations, to recruit and select personnel and to manage individual and collective training in on-site and online environments, engaging and motivating individuals and teams to achieve organizational objectives. The program offers training in the design of management practices that will remain viable in the long term and that are respectful and responsible towards the organization's employees and society in general. The program also covers the basic financial and legal principles at work in different organizations, including non-profit organizations.
The university master's degree in People and Teams Management and Development in Organizations (GDO) provides a general and strategic view of the function of a psychologist working in the areas of employment, organizations and human resources. It covers new trends and needs in the area of people management and development. The master's degree focuses on the practical application of various techniques, as well as students' self-development.
It is based on the consideration that current professional requirements include the skills, knowledge and ability needed to help build strategic advantages. Professionals in this field are vital to help maintain a company's competitiveness on the market, and they play numerous roles (for example, as a strategic business partner and an agent of change). Professionals must be capable of leading as expert or process consultants in specific tasks that align the objectives of staff with those of the company.
Specifically, the master's degree prepares students to work as human resources specialists in the following functions and departments:
- People planning and management
- Development of Talent
- Knowledge Management
- Organizational Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Universitat de Barcelona
Want to know more about Master's Degree in People and Team Management and Development in Organizations? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!