Master's Degree in Medicine, Health and the Healthcare System
The general aim of the master's degree in Medicine, Health and the Healthcare System is to improve the provision of health services, the safety of patients and the quality of healthcare through interprofessional collaboration that promotes knowledge integration and the creation of new dynamics. The master's degree is focused on both research and professional activity. It enables students to carry out research in a real healthcare setting and to provide solutions that can be applied directly, in accordance with the paradigms on which evidence-based practice is built.
The master's degree is aimed graduates in any discipline. Students would benefit from academic training or professional experience in health, although it is not a formal requirement.
The main topic of study in this master's degree is medicine in healthcare systems. The teaching-learning objectives include the acquisition of competences for effective, efficient interprofessional work to bring about changes and improvements in current professional practice and research.
This is a newly created master's degree within the Catalan university system, designed to meet changing demands in society and the labour market. The main attraction of the program degree is its interdisciplinary nature: participating organizations include various health science faculties and professional associations, such as the Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy, the Spanish Society of Community Pharmacy, the College of Pharmacists of Barcelona and the Catalan Health Service, which is responsible for the provision of public healthcare across Catalonia.
The languages of instruction for this program are Spanish: 70%, Catalan: 30%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Designed to meet the changing demands of society, healthcare and related professions, this master's degree in Medicine, Health and the Healthcare System is primarily aimed at improving the provision of health services, patient safety and quality of care, through cross-disciplinary collaboration that fosters the integration of knowledge the creation of new dynamics.
One of the goals is to further harmonize cross-disciplinary training and research programs that facilitate links between education and professional practice, in order to improve health and healthcare outcomes for the population.
The master's degree in Medicine, Health and the Healthcare System, in which diverse health sciences professionals participate, is taught by the Faculty of Pharmacy and is the first course of its type in Spain.
The main objectives of the program are to offer training that facilitates entry into the job market and to provide pathway to doctoral studies, focusing on care-related research and the provision of direct practical solutions based on the paradigms of evidence-based medicine.
Since this an official degree qualification recognized throughout Europe, it is a potential source of competitive advantage over other students from Spain.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...