Master's Degree in Labour Economics
The Master in Labour Economics offered by the University of Barcelona, the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the University of Girona is a high quality program intended to train and educate economists to undertake top research in labour economics in one of the best places to study worldwide. It is the perfect program for new graduated students to develop their research skills through a broad selection of courses taught by top researchers from the three participating universities. It is a one course full-time master (60 ECTS), totally taught in English. On successfully completing this course, students can expect to find employment in a broad range of sectors, including higher education and economic consultancy.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of labour economics
- Personnel economics
- Labour market macroeconomics
- Labour market, globalization and technological change
- Master thesis
- Human capital and migration
- Population and family economics
- Health economics
- Economics of inequality
- Sociology of work
- Economics of entrepreneurship
- Economics of education
- Labour market institutions
- Additional topics in labour economics
- Impact evaluation
- Panel data
- Big data and machine learning
- Introductory Economics
- Introductory Statistics
This program is designed to train researchers in the field of labour economics, so successful graduates will be equipped to attain a career in research institutes, employment agencies, national and international economic and policy institutions, consultancy firms and corporate training centres.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Labour Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Gran Canaria, Spain