Master's Degree in Environmental Agrobiology
The aim of the master's degree in Environmental Agrobiology is to provide specialized, multidisciplinary training in the areas of agriculture, forestry management and the environment. The master's degree reflects current and future needs of our society. Sustainable management of agrosystems and the preservation of production resources without damaging the environment can help to increase agricultural and forestry production and quality, as a source of biomass, energy and industrial applications, to meet the needs of a growing population
The master's degree in Environmental Agrobiology covers the latest developments in scientific, technical and methodological aspects of knowledge areas related to the qualification. This is a one-year program. The course syllabus consists of various compulsory subject blocks, various optional subject blocks, and a final project, which must be completed in a research group attached to a public or private entity, or in a company in the sector. The subject blocks are broken down into basic and applied subjects that reveal the integrated, complementary nature of the knowledge. From a holistic and environmental perspective, the course address real problems of our society that are related to agriculture and forestry and associated with climate change and resource use.
The master's degree in Environmental Agrobiology is intended for holders of bachelor's and pre-EHEA degrees, engineers, technical engineers, diploma holders and holders of equivalent qualifications in the areas of the life sciences, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences and related subjects.
Scientific advances must be used to face situations of limited productivity in agriculture and forestry, and the effects of climate change. The master's degree reflects this social need, and trains highly specialized researchers and freelancers who will be able to work in companies or entities in the agricultural, forestry or environmental sectors. The ECTS credits awarded as part of this master's degree for subjects related to plant protection can be used towards accreditation as an integrated pest management (IPM) advisor (DOGC no. 6408, 2-7-2013).
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The main aim of the master's degree in Environmental Agrobiology is to provide specialized, high-level, multidisciplinary training in sustainable vegetable production field .The course trains specialists who will gain in-depth knowledge of the scientific, methodological and technological principles behind sustainable agriculture, based on the promotion and efficiency of resources and the conservation and protection of the environment in the present and future context of climate change.
In this program, students will:
- Gain up-to-date scientific training in the field of environmental agrobiology.
- Develop skills in conventional, current and innovative methods and instrumental techniques applied to environmental agrobiology.
- Design and develop projects, draw conclusions, and communicate them with scientific and technical rigour.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Graduates in Environmental Agrobiology could go on to prepare a doctoral thesis and start a teaching or research career in universities; work as specialized researchers in multidisciplinary research teams in public and private entities, companies or farms associated with the agricultural, agrifood, forestry, environmental and industrial sectors; or work as specialists, advisors and consultants in these sectors. In this framework, the career opportunities are:
- Direction, management and control of research, development and innovation in agrobiological companies, cooperatives and agrifood industry.
- Direction and management of agricultural companies, horticultural centres, nurseries, and garden centres.
- Professional activity in the agriculture and livestock sector and in crop farming and improvement.
- Professional activity in industries related to agriculture and the agrifood industry.
- Consultancy and advice on agricultural, forestry and environmental research.
- Consultancy on integrated management of plagues. (The ECTS credits awarded as part of this master's degree for subjects related to plant protection can be used towards accreditation as an integrated pest management [IPM] advisor, DOGC no. 6408, of 2-7-2013.)
- Evaluation of research, development and innovation projects.
- Edition and advice on informative scientific texts.
- Professional activity in government bodies (agriculture and the environment).
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia