Master's Degree in Drug Research, Development and ControlUniversitat de Barcelona
Master's Degree in Drug Research, Development and Control
This master's degree provides advanced, specialized, multidisciplinary training and equips students with the tools needed to begin research in the area of drug development and control. On completion of the course, students will be equipped to work in research centres and companies in the pharmaceutical sector and related industries.
The master's degree in Drug Research, Development and Control is offered by the Faculty of Pharmacy within the framework of the European Higher Education Area. The course is interdisciplinary and spans more than one faculty: eight departments in two UB faculties (Pharmacy and Medicine) take part in the teaching.
Today, highly qualified professionals are needed to meet the new challenges in business and research areas of the pharmaceutical sector. This master's degree is an ideal platform for acquiring advanced knowledge of the stages of drug development. One of the main challenges in the pharmaceutical industry is the research and development of new active principles and new drug formulations with high added value. In this context, drug analysis and control is an essential activity to ensure the safety and efficacy of pharmaceutical products. Consequently, the aim of the master's degree is to provide advanced, specialized, multidisciplinary training to equip students with the tools needed to begin research in the area of drug development and control. On completion, students will be able to work in research centres and companies in the pharmaceutical sector and related industries.
The master's degree is drawn from the doctoral program of the same name and has received a quality award from the Ministry of Education (MCD-2006-00525). It provides the training required for admission to the doctoral program Drug Research, Development and Control (which received the excellence award MEE2011-0420 for 2011-2013) or to other doctoral programs in related areas.
This program is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Experimental Design
- Design and Formulation of New Foods
- Bioactive Components: Functional Ingredients and Foods
- New Technologies in Food Processing and Preservation
- Economic Management of Production, Marketing Strategies and Project Management
- Information and Documentation: Legal Regulation and Intellectual and Industrial Property
- Final project
- Sources of Information for Scientific Research in Food Technology
- Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Mediterranean Diet and Health: Scientific Evidence
- Sensory Analysis of Foods
- Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics: Dietary Strategies to Maintain Health
- Marketing and communication Strategies in Food and Nutrition Sectors
- Microorganisms and Food Safety
- In-company placement
- Eco-Innovation in Food
- Acquire solid, multidisciplinary training in theory and methodology in the areas of drug research, development and control so that quality research can be carried out in all stages of drug development, and specifically research related to the development of new pharmaceutical formulations.
- Display a capacity for analysis and synthesis.
- Learn to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Work creatively to achieve quality research that enables the development, leadership and management of research projects in the pharmaceutical field.
- Gain the cognitive skills needed for inductive reasoning, develop the critical and reflective ability to solve problems in the professional arena, and lead and manage teams in the main areas of the pharmaceutical industry.
The master's degree grants access to third-cycle studies either in a research centre or in a business environment, as part of business-university collaboration.
Completion of the master's degree will help graduates to obtain higher-level positions in various areas of the pharmaceutical industry and to enter the business world as a technician or head of production, R+D, quality control, quality assurance and related areas.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...