Master's Degree in Data ScienceUniversitat de Barcelona
Master's Degree in Data Science
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Data Science
Large amounts of data are generated in many aspects of personal and professional life, from electronic purchases to research or finances. If these data are not monitored or interpreted, they have no value. Data science is a new professional area that aims to give these data meaning by analysing and interpreting them. A data scientist is a new professional profile at the intersection between maths and computer science.
The master’s degree in Fundamental Principles of Data Science aims to provide, through theoretical and practical training, the algorithmic and mathematical bases for correct modelling and analysis of data, and the professional competences to face data-based projects. There is a focus on competences to understand the principles of algorithms that lie behind data science. Students will develop the ability to modify algorithms and create new ones, to adapt to the specific needs of a problem.
Consequently, the course includes aspects that cover a wide area: computational algebra, optimisation or probabilistic programming, automatic learning techniques and deep learning, complex networks, recommendation systems, applications to natural language processing, time series, extraction of information in images, and support for infrastructures that process big data.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master’s degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master’s degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master’s degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master’s degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master’s degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Bayesian Statistics and Probabilistic Programming
- Machine Learning
- Agile Data Science
- Presentation and Data Visualization
- Ethical Data Science
- Final Master Project
- Big Data
- Deep Learning
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Business Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Complex Networks
- Data Science for Health
The Master’s Degree in Fundamental Principles of Data Science aims to provide the tools, knowledge and competences required to work effectively as a data scientist. The course focuses on the competences required to understand, modify and create algorithms, analytical and exploratory methods and techniques; as well as leadership abilities and the development of effective data-based projects.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Data Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
8,500 EUR-12,500 EUR