Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering
The master's degree in Biomedical Engineering provides advanced training in various aspects of the discipline. It provides the foundations for academic or professional specialization and an introduction to applied research. Essentially, the course is designed to complement and reinforce the training of graduates in biomedical engineering.
Biomedical Engineering is generally defined as the discipline addressing the application of electrical, mechanical, chemical or other principles to the understanding, modification and control of biological systems and to the design and manufacturing of products for monitoring biological functions in diagnostic and treatment applications. These essential aspects of health technologies and medical products are outlined in corresponding European guidelines and the legislation of all developed countries.
The significant medical developments of the second half of the twentieth century would not have been possible without new technologies and advanced techniques, which have been used to find solutions to social and medical problems related to diseases and disabilities, to examine the efficacy, effectiveness and safety of these solutions; to manage resources, and to improve communication and information systems in the field of healthcare.
The overall concept of socio-sanitary technology is broad-reaching and relates to any form of technological innovation applied to health services and to improving the quality of healthcare available to the general population.
The accurate selection and skilled application of health technologies, coupled with rigorous scientific research, technological development and innovation (R&D&I), is therefore a fundamental tool not only for improving the health, welfare and quality of life of the population but also for optimizing the social return on investment in this field.
The program is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master's degree in Biomedical Engineering is designed to offer postgraduate training in a number of areas:
- Design, manufacture, evaluation, marketing, installation and maintenance in relation to health services and products, and the operation of medical equipment.
- Preparation for research in a particular field of biomedical engineering.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...