Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Advanced Studies in Spanish and Latin American LiteratureUniversitat de Barcelona
Master's Degree in Advanced Studies in Spanish and Latin American Literature
This master's degree is an advanced academic program that complements students' language training with an in-depth study of Spanish and Latin American literature.
It reflects the growing interest in Hispanic language and culture in all international arenas, particularly in the English-speaking world. Barcelona is one of the most important publishing centres in the Iberian Peninsula, and many Latin American authors have come to international prominence through its publishing houses. Barcelona has had strong links with Latin American literature since the time of the Latin American Boom and maintains these links in the present.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Thought and Creation in Spanish and Latin American Literature
- Tradition and Modernity in Spanish and Latin American Literature
- Final Project
The master's degree in Advanced Studies in Spanish and Latin American Literature offers advanced academic and research training in the two fields that make up the program: Spanish literature and Latin American literature.
As an official master's degree offered by the Department of Hispanic Studies, it is designed to provide continued training for graduate students in this area and the requisite training in research to facilitate access to doctoral studies for those looking to prolong their academic training.
One of the main areas of work for graduates of the master's degree in Advanced Studies in Spanish and Latin American Literature is secondary and university teaching, as well as teaching and research in universities abroad. Other career opportunities exist in the business world (publishing, media, private foundations, cultural institutions, advertising, etc.). Graduates may also find positions in areas such as literary criticism, reviewing, digital publishing, blog and web editing, brand building, manuscript assessment, etc.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Advanced Studies in Spanish and Latin American Literature? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Gran Canaria, Spain