Master's Degree in Accounting and Taxation
The master's degree in Accounting and Taxation provides the practical training required to specialize in the fields of accountancy, taxation and auditing. On completion of the course, students will be able to apply their skills effectively to manage and complete tasks associated with these fields in any kind of company.
In the near future, changes will be introduced as a result of the harmonization of accounting and tax regulations in Europe, and the increase in transparency requirements in all areas. Consequently, organizations will need experts in this field, with the skills to adopt the new regulations and rapidly adapt to the new situation, in a highly competitive global market.
The course is particularly aimed at holders of bachelor's degrees and pre-EHEA degrees in business administration and management, economics, financial and actuarial sciences or business sciences and at chartered accountants. It will enable them to gain advanced knowledge of accountancy, taxation and auditing.
This master is recognised by the Instituto de Contabilidad y Auditoría de Cuentas as it is said in the document attach.
The languages of instruction for this course are Spanish (80%) and Catalan (20%).
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master's degree in Accounting and Taxation provides advanced training in the specialized fields of accounting, taxation and accounts auditing. Particular emphasis is placed on analysing and resolving cases and situations that are similar to those arising in professional practice. Learning is a participatory experience, and students will examine cases that reflect the real activity of companies operating in these fields. Students will also complete an end-of-year project to develop their ability to integrate the various aspects of the syllabus and present specialized information clearly and effectively.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Students who successfully complete the master's degree will have attained a level of academic expertise enabling them to work independently as accountants, tax advisers and accounts auditors, and in other areas related to the field of accounting.
Graduates will have career opportunities in three main areas: the public sector, the private sector, and as independent professionals. Students who complete this specialized course will be able to carry out tasks ' particularly in the areas of analysis and planning ' that are not covered in the bachelor's degree courses that grant access to the master's degree.
In the public sector, the skills they acquire during the course will enable graduates to work in management roles in any area of accounting and taxation in public bodies and public companies. Graduates will also be able to manage accounts and fiscal planning for public bodies. They will have the right profile to work as approved auditors of public bodies.
In the private sector, the analytical and planning skills developed over the course of the master's degree will enable graduates to undertake tasks of this nature in accounting, taxation and auditing.
Independent work is one of the most promising areas for career development in these fields: the students' specialized training in accountancy will enable them to address the various problems routinely faced by companies and organizations. In addition, students who successfully complete this specialized master's degree will be exempt from the first stage of access to the Official Register of Accounting Auditors (ROAC), which is the starting point for the auditing profession. Knowledge of taxation is complementary to knowledge of accountancy, and graduates will be able to work as advisors, harnessing their comprehensive understanding of these two key areas for companies and organizations.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Accounting and Taxation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Hong Kong, China