Hospitality and Tourism Management
The Master's Degree Course in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) is a brand new dual degree program that covers two years. The first year, entirely in English, is held at IULM University in Milan. The second year offers three choices for specialization.
- Specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management (in English), at University of Central Florida in Orlando, US.
- Specialization in Innovation, Creativity and Tourism at IULM University (in English).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Managing Hospitality and Guest Service Organisations
- Marketing Strategies in Hospitality and Tourism
- Strategic Marketing in Hospitality and Tourism
- Digital Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Introduction to Data Analysis for Marketing Research
- Critical Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Human Resources
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Communication Skills: English for Business
- Cultural Heritage, Arts and Tourism
- Innovation for Sustainable Tourism Development
II Year - IULM - Address Innovation, Creativity and Tourism
- Data Management and Business Analytics for Tourism
- E-Tourism Technology, Methods and Big Data
- Advanced Digital Marketing for the Tourism Industry
- New Business Development in Tourism
- Multicultural Communication
- Creativity and Design of Tourism Policies and Services
- Field Project/Stage
II Year - UCF - Address Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Data Analysis in Hospitality and Tourism Research
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Issues
- Feasibility Studies for the Hospitality/Tourism Enterprises
- Communication Skills
- Field Project/Stage
II Year - UGA - Address Innovation et Territoires
- Introduction to social and territorial economic innovation
- Innovation, art and territorial creativity
- Innovation, tourism, nature and leisure
- Communication Skills
- Field Project/Stage
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The Master's Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management allows - through the choice of specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management in the United States or in Innovation et Territoire in France - to obtain a double degree in centres of excellence at international level.
Address in Hospitality and Tourism Management - in English
The second year takes place in Orlando (USA), at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management of the University of Central Florida (UCF). The students get a double Italian (Master's degree) and American (M.Sc.) degree and the possibility to obtain a one-year work visa to complete the experience in the United States. Through this course, students are prepared to readily assume roles of responsibility in the best companies in the sector at an international level.
Address in Innovation et Territoire - in French
It takes place in France at the Université Grenoble Alpes. Students obtain a double degree in Italian (master's degree) and French (maîtrise). The programme is conceived as a framework for open innovation which, through courses, workshops, multidisciplinary seminars held by international professors and professionals, prepares students to take managerial roles in tourism promotion agencies and institutions responsible for territorial public policies.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The address in the United States allows you to acquire a double Italian and American degree as well as a one-year visa in the United States to complete your path with professional experience. If you choose to do the entire two-year course at IULM you will get the Italian degree with the possibility to enrich your studies with an experience abroad thanks to the international network of IULM partners.
The Master degree course is designed in accordance to the following educational objectives:
- to provide students with different school and cultural backgrounds the knowledge and skills most requested by companies and institutions in the tourism and hospitality sectors;
- to encourage critical, active learning aimed at the application of the most advanced managerial models and tools to real business and territorial contexts in order to tackle specific management problems;
- to offer a general vision of the tourism system and its evolutionary trends and an understanding of the interconnections between tourism and some related production chains (agri-food, fashion & design, luxury, art and cultural heritage);
- to allow participants to identify and build the process of specialisation most consistent with their personal interests and attitudes in the area of tourism business management or territorial development.
The Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management prepares students for managerial roles in marketing and sales, human resources, revenue management, digital marketing and e-commerce, guest relations for companies in the tourism and services industry (hospitality, online travel, tour operators and travel agencies, the Meetings-Incentives-Conferences-Exhibitions industry, the transportation industry, luxury retail), or roles in destination marketing organizations.
The HTM programme will also open doors for graduates in the following careers:
- marketing & communication manager
- business development manager
- hotel manager
- revenue manager
- CRM manager
- digital marketing manager
- social media manager
- country manager
- international sales manager
- e-distribution and e-commerce manager
- product/destination manager for tour operators
- PR and corporate communications manager for tourism companies
- destination manager
- manager of destination marketing projects for the promotion of tourist destinations
- event manager
- meeting and congress manager
About this institute
Università IULM is the center of excellence in Italy for training in Communication and New Media, Languages, Tourism, Arts and Design. For more than 50 years, Università IULM has been building its educational mission based on expertise, knowledge and awareness,...
Want to know more about Hospitality and Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate