The objectives of this 2nd Cycle programs in Physics are:
- To provide high quality studies in Physics, offering the possibility of advancing knowledge in specialised areas as far as the boundaries of knowledge;
- To provide a stimulating scientific environment that promotes learning and research, encouraging the exchange and development of ideas, involving students in high quality research projects;
- To prepare students for a career in Physics either in a university or a business environment.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in Physics, Engineering Physics, or similar area (with a minimum number o f 24 ECTS in modules of the scientific area of Mathematics and a minimum number of 36 ECTS in modules of the scientific area o f Physics).
- Foreign higher education degree in Physics, Engineering Physics, or similar area (with a minimum number of 24 ECTS in modules of the scientific area of Mathematics and a minimum number of 36 ECTS in modules of the scientific area of Physics) awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programs organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in Physics, Engineering Physics, or similar area (with a minimum number of 24 ECTS in modules of the scientific area of Mathematics and a minimum number of 36 ECTS in modules of the scientific area of Physics) recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters programs, in accordance with Article 17, Nº 1, d), Decree Law nº 74/2006, as expressed in DL nº 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, Nº 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
- That which is indicated in points 2 to 4 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle o f studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Nanoscience And Nanotechnology
- Quantum Technologies
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- General Relativity
- Computational Astrophysics
- Experimental Physics of Particles and Astroparticles
- Nano-systems Modelling and Simulation
- Nanodevices And Nanomagnetism
- Network Modelling
- Quantum Optics
- Complex Systems Modelling
- Complementary Physics Topics
- Quantum Field Theory
- Free Option
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 5500€ per year
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...