About this program
Master in Speech Therapy
The study cycle aims to create a Masters of excellence in Speech therapy. The principal aim is to develop advanced competencies in the assessment and intervention of children and adults with speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders. The master has three paths:
- Language and Communication: aims to enhance the development of competencies in prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of children with language and communication disorders and also the development of competencies to work in team and with caregivers.
- Neurological disorders in adults: aims to enhance the development of competencies in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adults with communication and swallowing disorders and also the development of competencies to work in team and with caregivers.
- Speech and Hearing: aims to enhance the development of competencies for specialized clinical practice, instrumental diagnosis and advanced intervention in speech and hearing and related disorders.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of Communication
- Research Methodologies and Data Analysis
- Health Innovation And
- Seminars in Speech Therapy
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 1000€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 5500€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Speech Therapy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!