Master in Primary School Education and Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal in 2nd CycleUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Master in Primary School Education and Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal in 2nd Cycle
The objective of this Study Cycle is to confer professional teaching qualifications in accordance with the reference number 4 the Attachment of the Decree Law 79/2014 (Primary School Teacher and Teacher of Portuguese, History and Geography of Portugal – 6 to 12 year old pupils).
The Study Cycle chief aims are:
- to enable the development of a teacher profile, bearing in mind the national guidelines concerning educational policies;
- to form teachers capable of adapting to the challenges of modern society that the school and the teachers are faced with;
- to foster the mobilization of knowledge, competences and attitudes acquired in prior training to develop innovative, interventional and appropriate professional practices, in real contexts, to use in concrete situations in the classroom, the school and in articulation with the local community.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Teaching Methodology in History, Geography and Natural Sciences
- Teaching Methodology in Mathematics in the First Years
- History and Geography of Portugal I
- Literacies: Reading and Writing
- Youth Literature
- School Organization And Management
- Didactics Of Expressions
- Portuguese Language Methodology
- History and Geography of Portugal II
- Education for Sustainability
- Linguistic Diversity and Education
- Motor Development and Learning
- Supervised Teaching Practice
- Seminar On Educational Guidance
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 697,00€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 4650€ /year
- Primary school teacher (6 - 9 or 10 year old pupils)
- Teacher of Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal (10-11 or 12 year old pupils)
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Primary School Education and Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal in 2nd Cycle? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!