Master in MicrobiologyUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Master in Microbiology
The Master´s course in Microbiology aims to provide students with advanced skills in fundamental and applied microbiology. This is an area in which knowledge is rapidly expanding, incorporating high technological innovation and integrating several areas of the biology, such as genetics, molecular biology and immunology, among others. In this context, the training of specialists must cover the different domains in which the impact and action of microorganisms are recognized as relevant, namely, in industry, in the area of human health and in the protection of the environment.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Evolution and Microbial Diversity
- Applied And Environmental Microbiology
- Physiology And Microbial Genetics
- Safety And Food Microbiology
- Free Option I
- Cyto-metrics And Immunology
- Microbiology And Health
- Free Option II
- Transferable Skills in Life Sciences
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 1000€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 5500€ /year
Microbiology overlaps other areas of biology, such as genetics, molecular biology and immunology, among others. Career opportunities in the field of microbiology span several sectors, including public health organizations, clinical analysis laboratories (including hospitals), environmental organizations, industry (food, pharmaceuticals, personal care products), water treatment plants, institutions teaching and research, etc. Thus, professional opportunities include different areas of expertise in microbiology and related areas.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Microbiology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!