Master in EconomicsUniversidade de Aveiro
Master in Economics
All available course dates
About this program
Master in Economics
Why a Masters in Economics?
Dual Degree Universidade de Aveiro/ Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania)
The curricular organization of the Master in Economics at the University of Aveiro has evolved, and associates today, the scientific basis, practice, and quantitative methods, opening up many applications with interest in the market. The development of specific technical professional skills, of autonomous work, ability to apply knowledge and deal with complex problems in a context of limited information and to develop innovative solutions in wide multidisciplinary situations, the development of quantitative skills and their application using the existing software on the market are aspects that we emphasize.
We emphasize the employability indicators of our Master, reflected in the integration of our former students in the labour market.
In the Master in Economics of DEGEIT one may follow a specialization at the level of university education, following the best international practices, in the following fields:
- Business and Organizations
- Energy and Sustainability
- Innovation and Internationalization
Our students can also complete the Master doing and internship, benefiting from our network of companies with an interest in economic students, as well as from our experience with the supervision of Graduate students in Economics in general.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Applied Econometrics I
- Applied Econometrics II
- Economics of Information and Strategic Behavior
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
- Seminar of Business and Organizations
- Seminar of Energy and Sustainability
- Seminar of Finance
- Seminar of Innovation and Internationalization
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 1000,00€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 4650€ /year
The strong preparation in Economics, at the level of university higher education and in Universities recognized at the national and international level, as is the case of the DEGEIT offer from the University of Aveiro, opens up excellent career opportunities in many areas, not only in the economy in the sense restricted, but also in finance and management, and in various sectors of economic activity, including banking, government, and international institutions, a consultancy in economics and financial economics.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!