Industrial Automation Engineering
Modern industrial plants, or those undergoing modernisation, require competences in the development of machines and industrial systems with ever increasing automation. This includes, for example, sophisticated systems for the perception and interpretation of sensorial information, as well as manipulation processes and systems. Prior to this proximity to the production line, it is necessary to interact with the machines and interconnect them in communications networks, in an environment of industrial informatics. Building advanced machines is, therefore, an objective that requires solid knowledge and competences in Mechanical and Electrotechnical Engineering, among others.
The main objective of this study programs is to provide advanced education and training in the field of automated systems for industrial application, covering the conception and development of automated machines and the integration of systems with robotised and perception units.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent, in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (180 ECTS) with the following conditions: minimum of 80 ECTS in subjects in the fields of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 36 ECTS in Mathematics and Physics.
- Foreign higher education degree in the areas established in 2.1, awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programs organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in the areas established in 2.1, recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters programs, in accordance with Article 17, N.º 1, d), Decree Law n.º 74/2006, as expressed in DL n.º 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, N.º 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
- That which is indicated in points 2 to 4 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle o f studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Seminar On Industrial Automation
- Power Electronics
- Industrial Informatics
- 3d Conception and Modelling
- Project in Automation Engineering
- Industrial Vision And Perception Systems
- Engineering And Product Development
- Introduction To Mechanical Design
- Digital Control
- Electronic Intrumentation Systems
- Industrial Robotics
- Option C4
- Industrial Distributed Systems
- Communication Networks In Industrial Environments
- Computational Vision
- Computer-assisted Product Design
- Digital Control
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Flexible Production Systems
- Identification By Rfid
- Intelligent And Mobile Robotics
- Motion And Command Technologies
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operations Management
- Project Management and Evaluation
- Real Time Systems
- Reconfigurable Digital Systems
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 5500€ per year
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Industrial Automation Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Brno, Czech Republic
Liberec, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic