Education and Professional Development
In this program, students will study the following:
- Sociology Of Educational Organisations
- Communication and Language in Special Needs Education
- Literacy: Reading And Writing
- Language Plurality And Education
- Education Administration
- Science and Mathematics Curriculum, Technology and Methodology
- Education and Social Inclusion
- Scientific Literacy and Numeracy
- Neuropsychology and Education
- Observation in Education
- Education Policies
- Sociology of Culture and the Family
- Supervision and Training
- Education Theories e Practice
- Research Methods In Education
- Evaluation and Quality in Education
- Languages Curriculum, Technology and Methodology
- Education, Mathematics, Sciences and Society
- Schools Management
- Infancy and Community Participation
- Special Needs Education
- Seminar in Education Administration and Policy
- Seminar in Mathematics and Science Methodology
- Seminar in Languages Methodology
- Seminar in Special Education
- Seminar in Social Education and Community Intervention
- Seminar On Supervision
- Dissertation Seminar in Education and Training
At the end of the program, students will complete a Project and Dissertation.
- Licenciatura or master’s degree (or legal equivalent) conferring professional qualification for teaching
- AEP - Public Administration, Social Aid, Social and Community Intervention, Supervision, and Educational Services of public and/or private institutions;
- DETSM - Publishing Activity, Libraries, and Educational Services of public and/or private institutions;
- DETL - Publishing Activity, Libraries, and Educational Services of public and/or private institutions;
- SUP - Supervision, Public Administration, Social Aid and/or Health Services, Social and Community Intervention, and Educational Services of public and/or private institutions.
- Foreign higher education degree with professional qualification for teaching awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programs organised in accordance with the principles o f the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in with professional qualification for teaching recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters programs, in accordance with Article 17, N.º 1, d), Decree Law n.º 74/2006, as expressed in DL n.º 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, N.º 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
- That which is indicated in points 6 to 8 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle o f studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 4650€ per year
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Education and Professional Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Cedar City, United States of America