Doctorate in Environmental Sciences and Engineering (Taught in English)Universidade de Aveiro
About this program
Doctorate in Environmental Sciences and Engineering (Taught in English)
The Doctoral Program in Environmental Science and Engineering at the UA aims to produce highly trained professionals who are qualified to carry out autonomous research in the field of Environmental Science and Engineering, and thus respond to the recruitment needs of the academic and business sectors and public institutions.
In line with the obligatory requirements for the attainment of a doctoral degree, as laid out in the Decree-Law Nº 74/2006 of March 24, changed by the Decree-Law 107/2008 of June 25 and Despacho nº 7287-B/2006 (2ª série) of March 31, the following general objectives for the Environmental Science and Engineering Program can be outlined:
- a broad and systematic understanding of the specific field of Environmental Science and Engineering;
- the development of competences to conceive, plan, adapt and carry out high quality scientific research;
- the development of capacities to produce original research that is worthy of dissemination in peer-reviewed publications;
- the development of competences for the analysis, evaluation and synthesis of complex, scientific information;
- the development of aptitudes to communicate the results of students' own research and to present and debate topics in their field of specialisation to the scientific and technical community, as well as to society in general;
- the development of the capacity to find funding for high quality, scientific research;
- the development of innovative and entrepreneurial skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Studies in Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- Acquisition and Analysis of Data
- Project of Thesis Preparation
Thesis (2nd year)
Thesis (3rd year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€ /year
This doctoral Program aims to train human resources with the capacity for technological innovation, evaluation of environmental quality and environmental management. This is essential if Portugal is to be competitive in the production of scientific and technological knowledge within the paradigms of modern life, specifically those related to sustainable development.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Doctorate in Environmental Sciences and Engineering (Taught in English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!