Doctorate in Electrical Engineering (Taught in English)Universidade de Aveiro
About this program
Doctorate in Electrical Engineering (Taught in English)
DETI is proud to present its Electrical Engineering Doctoral Program focused on the main areas of Electrical Engineering, particularly on Telecommunications, Control, Signals Processing, Embedded Systems, Robotics.
The PhD Program in Electrical Engineering is a PhD program with a long tradition at University of Aveiro (www.ua.pt) in Portugal, which is well known as a major Electrical Engineering school in Portugal and Europe.
The Program is focused on Electrical Engineering and it is developed considering an academic as well as an industrial perspective. Moreover, it is organized so that students from industry are able to attend it since courses are held on Fridays and Saturdays. It is completely taught in English, as it aims to attract both national and international audiences.
The first year is composed of courses designed to simultaneously give overview and state of art visions in different areas of Electrical Engineering. The remaining time is spent conducting original research, done at the affiliated research centres or with companies associated with the Program, culminating in a PhD thesis.
Currently the Program is attended by students from different countries and different continents, confirming the quality and broad range of interest in different areas.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Topics in Electrical Engineering
Thesis (2nd year)
Thesis (3rd year)
Thesis (4th year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Doctorate in Electrical Engineering (Taught in English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!