Doctorate in EducationUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Doctorate in Education
- Develop original theoretical knowledge on the foundations and practices of education, training and development of educational organizations;
- Contribute to the qualification of professionals in education and training domains, within various levels of educational and / or training system, in their field of expertise and in cross-curricular areas, promoting the transferability of knowledge;
- Promote the exercise of research, on an interdisciplinary basis within the center of R & D / CIDTFF, guided by standards of academic excellence, ethical demand and innovation;
- Stimulate the continuous systematization, the production of original knowledge and its dissemination, at national and international levels, in recognized scientific / academic communities in the field of the Program’s scientific areas;
- Encourage the development of learning skills throughout life, promoting technological, social, cultural and educational progress.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods in Education
- Education And Contemporary
- Administration and Educational Policies
- Didactics and Curricular Development
- Diversity and Inclusive Education
- Philosophy And History of Education
- Psychology of Education and Professional Development
- Supervision and Evaluation
- Research Project in Administration and Educational Policies
- Research Project in Didactics and Curricular Development
- Research Project in History and Theory Of Education
- Research Project in Educational Psychology
- Supervision and Evaluation Research Project
- Research Project in Diversity and Inclusive Education
Thesis (1st year)
Thesis (2nd year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2325€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2325€€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Doctorate in Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!