About this program
Doctorate in Computer Engineering (Taught in English)
The University of Aveiro is proud of a history of excellence in teaching and research in the areas of Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology. Multiple teaching projects, some with pioneering character in the country, and multifaceted research dynamics with international recognition, shape this history. History that also records the fundamental role it has played in the creation and structuring of a business fabric that has in Informatics and, more generally, in Information and Communication Technologies, an essential component of its activity.
The research activity has been present since the beginning of the activities of the University of Aveiro in general, and of the Department of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics in particular, having been intensified with the creation of two research units: the Institute of Electronic Engineering and Telematics of Aveiro (IEETA) and the Institute of Telecommunications (IT). IEETA (http://www.ieeta.pt), formerly called INESC - Polo of the University of Aveiro, was created in 1993 with funds from the Science Program. IT (http://www.it.pt) started its activities in Aveiro in 1993, in facilities also created with co-funding from the Science program. In 2001 it was granted the status of Associated Laboratory of the Ministry of Science and Technology.
The PhD Program in Computer Engineering is based on the competencies of the Department of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics and the associated laboratories and research centers, namely, IT and IEETA.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Topics in Computer Engineering
Thesis (2nd year)
Thesis (3rd year)
Thesis (4th year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Doctorate in Computer Engineering (Taught in English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!