Doctorate in Applied MathematicsUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Doctorate in Applied Mathematics
Excellence in advanced training Applied Mathematics, through research work on the theme of the frontier of athematical knowledge; Solid and deep scientific knowledge in the area of Ap. Mathematics to enrich the previous training of the student; Maturity of logical and abstract reasoning; - Independence and creativity in problem solving in mathematics and its applications; - Innovation in treating problems of mathematics and applications to other contexts. We have a PhD program in Applied Mathematics that pools the considerable human and material resources of the participating institutions, to provide a research based degree, internationally competitive, in such areas as Analysis and Optimization, Statistics and Probability, Dynamics and Geometry and Algebra, Logic and Computation. Also our curricular component is sufficiently flexible to accommodate the varied interests and backgrounds of potential students, and it is also useful for the development of specific and transverse skills
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Specialised Modules in Mathematics and Applications A·
- Advanced Topics in Algebra, Logic and Computation
- Advanced Topics in Analysis and Optimization
- Advanced Topics in Dynamics and Geometry
- Advanced Topics in Probability and Statistics
- Specialised Modules in Mathematics and Applications B 1
- Analysis and Control of Linear Systems
- Bayesian Statistics
- Bifurcation Theory
- Biological Dynamics
- Calculus of Variations
- Control of Linear Systems
- Data Stream Mining
- Differential Equations
- Galois Theories
- Lattices and Ordered Algebraic Structures
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Multivariate Analysis and Statistical Learning
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Numerical Spectral Methods
- Optimisation Theory
- Optimization and Network Design
- Orthogonal Polynomials and Applications
- Signal Processing and Time Series Analysis
- System Identification
- Topics in Turbulence
- Topics of Harmonic Analysis
- Topics of Kinetic Theory
- Type Theory
- Research Project in Mathematics
- Specialised Modules in Mathematics and Applications B 2
- Algebraic Theory of Generalized Inverses
- Algebraic Topology
- Bayesian Statistics
- Climate Change and Energy
- Codes and Systems
- Combinatorial Geometry
- Generalized Linear Models
- Integral Equations and Their Generalizations
- Numerical Spectral Methods II
- Optimal Control
- Topics in Numerical Analysis
Thesis (2nd Year)
Thesis (3rd Year)
Thesis (4th Year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€ /year
The student must develop capabilities: Understand new and multidisciplinary situations in one or more fields of Applied Mathematics; Integrate knowledge in Applied Mathematics; Project and develop scientific research in Applied Mathematics identifying research methods that require use of multidisciplinary knowledge to solve problems in new situations or contexts; Produce a significant number of original research in Applied Mathematics, in accordance with the requirements and standards of internationally accepted quality; Criticize results, evaluate and synthesize new and complex situations, developing solutions and making decisions in situations of limited or incomplete information; Communicate clearly their knowledge, reasoning and conclusions, to experts and non-experts; Exemplify, using knowledge and research results, the link between knowledge and technology.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Doctorate in Applied Mathematics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!