This master's degree aims to provide adequate training to build the knowledge, skills and competences required for the development of applications based on IoT, Industry 4.0 or similar platforms, with the ability to take advantage of large amounts of data.
Thus, it begins by focusing on structuring technological issues, later offering contents that foster the effective application of these technologies in emerging areas.
The plan foresees to provide adequate knowledge of IoT technology and multi-platform applications, and analysis, processing and storage of data. It also anticipates the need to acquire the fundamental knowledge of artificial intelligence to enhance the automation and adaptability of systems, use experience to design appropriate software, and systematic software testing for greater robustness and quality.
Teamwork and diagnosis / correction of solutions will be frequent along the program.
Classes are on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in Informatics and of degrees in related areas of science, engineering and technology.
- Foreign higher education degree in Informatics and of degrees in related areas of science, engineering and technology awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study program organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in Informatics and of degrees in related areas of science, engineering and technology recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters program, in accordance with Article 17, Nº 1, d), Decree Law nº 74/2006, as expressed in DL nº 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, Nº 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
- That which is indicated in points 2 to 4 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle o f studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Semantic Databases
- Multi-platform Application Technologies
- Internet of Things Communication Technologies
- Seminar I
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Services for Web and Mobile Applications
- Software Testing
- Usability and User Experience
- Seminar II
- Dissertation / Internship / Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 5500€ per year
The lack of professionals in the area of?? Informatics is a reality recognized by the businesses and other entities of different economic sectors at regional, national and international levels.
This master's degree thus contributes to the needs of this labor market, presenting not only as a continuation of studies for graduates in the field of informatics, and related, but also as an opportunity for increased capacity building in informatics for potential graduates interested in other areas whose curriculum is deemed as appropriate.
The main career opportunities for holders of this master's degree are:
- Development of applications for Industry 4.0 using IoT
- Big Data Exploration and Processing
- Conception and development of intelligent interactive systems
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Applied Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...