About this program
Accounting and Management Control
The Master in Accounting and Management Control course is designed for professionals who want to develop professional careers in the field of management accounting and in the financial, tax and audit fields, satisfying specific needs in the field of cycle designation. The study plan provides in-depth training of a specialized and professional nature, combining theory and practice to develop skills in the field of management accounting.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Management, Finance or similar first cycle courses
- Foreign higher education degree in Accounting, Economics, Management or Finance, awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programs organised in accordance with the principles o f the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in Accounting, Economics, Management or Finance, recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters programs, in accordance with Article 17, N.º 1, d), Decree Law n.º 74/2006, as expressed in DL n.º 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, N.º 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
- That which is indicated in points 2 to 4 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle o f studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Accounting for Management Control
- Project Analysis and Control
- Information Systems and Management Control
- Internal Auditing and Management Control
- Advanced Financial Accounting I
- Organizational Performance Evaluation
- Trends in Management Control
- Advanced Management Control
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Methodologies and Techniques of Research in Social Sciences
- Free option
- Advanced Financial Accounting II
- Financial Risk Management
- Management Control in Human Resources
- Tax and Corporate Law
- Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 4650€ per year
Competences / knowledge / skills to be developed:
- identify and apply content that relates management accounting to the planning and control of organizations
- identify and construct systems for managing costs and pricing; identify and understand the relationship between management control and internal audit
- understand the process of project implementation, analysis and control
- analyze the state of the art of management control, identifying and applying methodological tools fundamental to scientific production
- develop capacity to work autonomously and in a team
- develop the ability to communicate underlying conclusions, decisions and reasoning
- acquire competences that allow autonomous learning in real context
Controller in a private or public organization, in areas such as the organizational, financial, operational
Other related functions:
- Production and interpretation / analysis of accounting and management information
- Consulting / advisory (tax, financial, audit,
- Teaching / Research
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Accounting and Management Control? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...