Universidad de Valladolid
Founded in the XIII century, the University of Valladolid (UVa) is a public university in Spain, located in the beautiful and peaceful region of Castilla and Leon, the cradle of Spanish language. Since its foundation, this academic institution has grown and has adapted to changing times to become one of the leading universities in Spain.
The university is spread over four campuses: Palencia, Segovia, Soria and Valladolid. It offers a wide range of graduate degrees, official master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees, with programmes in the areas of Science, Humanities, Engineering and Architecture, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, and Law. It also offers courses taught in English, organized as International Semesters in the fields of Engineering, Business, Education, Forestry, Sciences and Law.
It has an extensive network of international relationships with bilateral agreements with more than 500 international universities. As of 2018/19, the University of Valladolid had 1.062 students from other countries.
The University of Valladolid is committed to achieving excellence in research and innovation as key factors for sustainable growth. It seeks to provide a supportive environment where ideas are generated to conduct impact-oriented research through a network of partnerships and collaborations. It has 12 academic research institutes, 176 research groups, 18 laboratories and research centres and a Scientific Park, a hub of research, innovation and enterprise.
Its enormous cultural and sporting potential together with its commitment to society and the environment form an exceptional academic setting that is comparable to the oldest and most prestigious universities in Europe.
Scholarships & funding
Many options available, please refer to:
- JCYL study grants for students enrolled for the first time in the first year of official master's degree courses in the universities of Castilla y León during the academic year 2021-2022
- Undergraduate excellence awards for master's degree students and special gir/university institute awards for master's degree students, uva-santander-year 2020-21
- AUiP Sustainability Awards. Master's Thesis (TFM)
- Iberoamerica Asia Scholarships. University Of Valladolid - Santander Bank
- Social Council Scholarships for Collaboration in Research Tasks in Departments and Institutes L.O.U.
- Amity Program
- Talentum Telefónica Scholarships
- Scholarship Program to study official master's degrees at public universities in Castilla Y León, aimed at residents of Castilla Y León in Latin America AUiP
- Iberdrola Foundation Spain scholarships for master's degree studies in energy and the environment
- General scholarships for students pursuing post-compulsory university studies 2020-21 academic year
- MECD 2020-21 Collaboration Grants
Why study at Universidad de Valladolid
A complete educational and quality offer in all the major branches of knowledge (Sciences, Humanities, Engineering and Architecture, Health Sciences and Social and Legal Sciences) supported by leading research centers.
A clear strategy of employability, guidance and support for job placement, along with a wide range of extracurricular internships arranged with numerous local, regional, national and international companies.
A large plan of scholarships and grants for study and residence, mobility, and support for emergency situations or special needs.
Universidad de Valladolid is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Awards & Accreditations
Top 1% for research publications in the field of "Biomedicine and Health Sciences" and "Mathematics and Computer" and nº 749 in the world Leiden Ranking
Award in Transparency (number 1 in DYNTRA)
Top 200 in the world THE Ranking in 2 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Top 101-125 in the world Europe Teaching Ranking
Top 900 in the world ARWU Shanghai Ranking
Green Building Solutions Award in the category of Zero Energy Building
Student services & facilities
- Car Parks
- Student Associations
- Student Organisations
- Social Networks
- University Card
- Gift Shop
- Bicycle Hire
- Traditional Music Groups
- Teaching Block
- Study Areas
- Cultural Activities
- Uva Summer Festival
- Secretariat for Social Affairs
- Medical Service
- Theatre Group
- Ancient Music Group
- Mountaineering Group
- Athletics Group
- Sports Facilities
- Equality Service
- Disability Service
- Inclusive Teaching for All
UVa's activities are carried out in four campuses, located in Castilla y León: Palencia, Segovia, Soria and Valladolid.
It offers a wide variety of undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees, with programs in the fields of Sciences, Humanities, Engineering and Architecture, Health Sciences and Social and Legal Sciences.
Campus of Palencia
The campus of Palencia has:
- Faculty of Education
- School of Agricultural Engineering
- Faculty of Labor Sciences
- School of Nursing
Campus of Segovia
The campus of Segovia has:
- School of Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Social, Legal and Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Education
Campus of Soria
The Campus of Soria has:
- Faculty of Education
- School of Forestry, Agronomy and Bioenergy Industry Engineering
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Labor Sciences
- Faculty of Translation and Interpretation
Campus of Valladolid
The Campus of Valladolid has:
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Law
The University of Valladolid has an extensive university extension program, special events, social clubs, sports teams, associations, theater, cultural visits, etc...
Students can get all this information in our International Welcome Points in the campuses.
The University of Valladolid also organizes every year "Universijazz", an international jazz festival in which 100 artists and jazz groups of the first line and international fame come.
The University of Valladolid considers sport as an essential aspect within the integral formation of students. The Sports Service is the maximum exponent in sports matters within the University and its fundamental objective is that all members of the University community enjoy their favorite sports practice.
- Santa Cruz College
- Alfonso Viii University Residence (Mixed)
- Cardenal Mendoza Apartments
- Reyes Católicos Postgraduate Residence
- Duques De Soria Foundation University Residence
- Santiago Residence• Other Colleges and Student Residences
- Cárcel Corona Apartments
- Miguel Delibes Residence
- Los Padres Barnabitas Residence
- Santa Clara College
- Castilla Youth Residence
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!