Master's Degree in Theory and History of Art and Cultural ManagementUniversidad de La Laguna
Master's Degree in Theory and History of Art and Cultural Management
The Master in Theory and History of Art and Cultural Management is designed for graduates in arts and humanities focused on cultural management. During this program, students have the option to specialize in a research or professional option and will be provided with the relevant material to help them advance in their desired field.
Students who wish to pursue the professional specialization in the History of Art and Cultural Management must be familiar with the current state of art and its appraisal, museography, discussions around museology, and cultural mediation.
The entry profile for the University Master in the Theory and History of Art and Cultural Management is aimed, preferably, at graduates in the History of Art, Music Sciences, Philosophy, Philology and Fine Arts. It is also offered to graduates of other similar areas, such as social sciences: graduates in Journalism, Education, Economics or Information Sciences. It is also suitable for similar graduates, such as architects, consequently, the entry profile is as follows:
- Graduates in History of Art, Humanities, Fine Arts, Architecture, Music, graduates in History and Science of Music and Music Teaching. Dramatic Arts and bachelors’ degree relating to education and communication
- Graduates from foreign universities with qualifications considered equivalent to those indicated above
- Future graduates with an education equivalent to any of the degrees mentioned above
- Students from the EU or other countries of the EAHE, or other places in the world, must provide a qualification equivalent to those indicated that has been, or can be, convalidated, pursuant to the regulations in effect in the ULL to such end
- The professional specialisation in the History of Art and Cultural Management requires students to be familiar with the current situation in Art and its appraisal, of the discussions around museology, museography and cultural mediation. It also requires a command of the ability to work in a team, aptitudes for written and oral expression and at least a minimum basic knowledge of some European language; at least English. Previous experience on the ground in any of the activities programmed in the practical concepts will also be considered a supplementary guarantee for students interested in this course
60 ECTS ( in 2018/2019: 19,92 € for 1 ECTS)
Master in Theory and History of Art and Cultural Management
Graduates of this master programme that have chosen the research option of Research Methodologies in the Theory and History of Art will be trained in the writings on the history of art, and particularly in the dissemination of arts by means of analysing the texts of different schools of thought, by writing practise, its conversion into editorial products and eventually, its dissemination in the media Those that chose the professional option of Cultural Management will specialise in the work of the area of curating, art critic and cultural management, in the varied demand for experts in documentation, inventory and cataloguing, diagnosis of collections, appraisals, technical reports, etc
Universidad de La Laguna
The University of La Laguna has exerted an important role in educational leadership, scientific and cultural Canary Islands during its two centuries of history, promoting the progress of our community and contributing decisively to its modernization. According to this tradition,...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Theory and History of Art and Cultural Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!