Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Astrophysics
The Canary Islands are known for their special atmospheric conditions which create the opportunity for top-quality astronomic observations. This along with the ULL Department of Astrophysics, multiple observatories, and large number of researchers and teachers make this an excellent location to get a Master in Astrophysics.
The Master program has three areas of focus that are created based on rigid subject choices, itineraries and options. The three special areas are Material Structure, Theory and Computing Specialty, and Observation and Instrumentation.
- Graduates in Physics, but also in Mathematics and Engineering (including Information Technology) from Spanish universities who would like to complete their training with a Master in Astrophysics
- Active graduates who wish to improve their training or extend their professional profile (e.g.: secondary school teachers)
- Graduates from Latin American and European universities (and from the rest of the world) who wish to study the entire Master or some practical credits based on co-operation programmes with the ULL • Graduates in Physics of any other experimental science, engineers and technical engineers
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
90 ECTS (in 2018/2019: 24,24 € for 1ECTS)
Master in Astrophysics
- Researcher: complete, rigorous and up-to-the-minute training in Astrophysics. Analysis and processing of time series, images and spectra. Develop theoretical models in different contexts. Terrestrial, space and virtual observatories
- Expert in computing: Programming languages. Numerical codes. IT applications. 3D numerical simulation and experimentation. Visualisation of structures and processes. Dynamic simulation of complex systems. Parallelism. Data bases. Super-computing
- Virtual observatories
- Expert in instrumentation and technology: Detection in the visible, infra-red and other spectral ranges. Optical and electronic instrumentation. Spectral study of matter. High-technology project management. Space projects. Instrument software. Scientific specifications. Quality control and monitoring technical requirements
- Teacher, disseminator: Elaboration of educational units. Scientific dissemination techniques. Scientific journalism
About this institute
Universidad de La Laguna
The University of La Laguna has exerted an important role in educational leadership, scientific and cultural Canary Islands during its two centuries of history, promoting the progress of our community and contributing decisively to its modernization. According to this tradition,...
Why study at Universidad de La Laguna
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Astrophysics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...