Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry
The Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry prepares you to be a professional specializedin the field of oral health, able to apply the knowledge and the practical skills acquired throughout the studies. You will master the assessment,diagnosis and treatment of the patients' needs in this field in an optimal way, as well as how to promote healthy habits.
Renowned and expert teachers will provide you with a complete training in every aspect related to dentistry. You will also improve your social skills for a better communication with the patient, aligned with the values of respect and empathy.
In our University, we are committed to academic and professional excellence and comprehensive training of our students. We offer you the opportunity to study Dentistry entirely in English and to enjoy an international experience in a foreign university. Our academic offer suits a global world and follows the criteria of the new teaching model of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- The primary aim of the Degree in Dentistry is to train professionals in the field of oral health so that they can apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the degree to assess, diagnose and treat patients’ needs in this field in an optimal way, as well as to promote healthy living habits.
- Through prestigious teaching staff with extensive experience in the field, students receive balanced training in all aspects related to dentistry: abnormalities and diseases of the mouth, jaws and surrounding tissues. In addition, we offer training that goes beyond mere knowledge, drawing from ethical principles whilst taking social skills into account, including good communication with the patient, so that the graduates can carry out their profession according to values such as respect and dignity.
- At our university, we are committed to academic and professional excellence, as well as to the comprehensive training of our students, teaching quality, innovation, research, internships, internationalization and to the crucial full employment of our students.
PROFILE OF NEW STUDENTS
To define the ideal profile of new students who wish to be accepted onto this degree, we consider the final educational objectives that we aim to achieve, in three aspects:
Students should have a solid foundation in subjects related to health sciences, e.g. biology. In terms of attitude, they must show interest in the needs of oral health, as well as in the different treatments and care they may require. They must also demonstrate responsibility in all of the tasks they carry out and be willing to make an effort and work hard, both individually and as part of a team. Therefore, in the selection process, we focus on the candidate’s motivation and abilities in relation to the above requirements.
At the end of this degree, students will have acquired the knowledge, skills, attitudes and competences that will enable them to independently practice dentistry with optimal results. We also encourage our students to appreciate the need for professional development and lifelong learning, as well as the effective harnessing of advances in knowledge and technology.
To facilitate the student’s future integration into professional life, this degree offers comprehensive, theory-based and practical training, thanks to which our students acquire the clinical skills necessary to meet the demands of oral health within society. We also encourage our students to develop professional attitudes and behaviors for effective and adequate interaction with patients and other health professionals.
As for the high school diploma taken by students, an option in which specific health science subjects have been completed is desirable.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
WHY CHOOSE THE BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN DENTISTRY AT CEU?
The academic structure that we offer our future students has been developed through many years of experience of pedagogical innovation and adaptation to the constant demands of society. Therefore, our degrees and qualifications respond to a global world and follow the criteria of the new teaching model of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
Among the most frequent conditions experienced by the population are diseases or oral problems such as tooth decay. Thanks to the work of dentists, mainly, society is increasingly aware of the importance of maintaining good oral health as well as the aesthetic advantages of a beautiful smile. This is why visiting the dentist nowadays is a must for everyone, from childhood to old age, on an annual basis for monitoring and prevention purposes. When there are also problems resulting from unbalanced nutrition, genetic predisposition, poor oral hygiene, smoking and other harmful habits, the number of visits required will increase considerably.
Therefore, there is a permanent and significant demand for good dentists who help prevent, diagnose and treat the range of oral problems.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry provides our students with a comprehensive scientific training of the highest quality without neglecting other values that are also very important for being a good dentist, such as ethical principles, effective communication, both with patients and with other professionals, etc.
All of this is possible thanks to an excellent combination of theory-based and practical training. Basic core subjects that are the basis of scientific knowledge are covered during the first years, while the final years focus on more practical work, as well as more specialist subjects of dentistry.
This profession has always had, and continues to have, an important demand in society, opening doors to a wide range of employment opportunities. Not only in the private sector, whether working for others or setting up your own dentist clinic, but also in the public sector, both inside and outside of Spain. In addition, nowadays more and more interesting lines of research are emerging, such as those on new materials for dental implants or treatments for different conditions, etc.
About this institute
Universidad CEU San Pablo - Multidisciplinary Higher Education
For more than 80 years: Universidad CEU San Pablo University has been dedicated to helping students on their way to successful future professions. The school offers an extensive range of bachelor's degrees, double bachelor's degrees and postgraduate study programs in...
Why study at Universidad CEU San Pablo
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
- Over 85 years of history- we are one of the oldest private schools in Spain and have a broad network of alumni present in more than 40 countries. CEU is a prestigious and solid educational institution with more than 85 years of experience in high-level teaching.
- Internationally driven- we offer a large number of bachelor’s degrees, both bilingual and in English, as well as other optional languages through supplementary programs. We also offer a large variety of international and study-abroad programs which will allow you to complete part of your degree in some of the best universities in the world.
- Partnerships with companies- we have collaboration agreements in place with more than 8,000 companies and institutions, allowing our students to complete internships in Spain and abroad.
- Leaders in scholarships- we rank first among Spanish private universities in terms of the greatest investment in merit and academic excellence scholarships, as well as in financial aid.
- Teaching values- we prepare our students to become outstanding professionals but, more importantly, persons of integrity.
- Research-oriented- we are the 3rd private university in Spain with the highest output of scientific research and the 1st in the Autonomous Community of Madrid.
Want to know more about Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...