Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering BEngThe University of Sheffield
Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering BEng
All available course dates
Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering BEng
This specialist, three-year BEng will develop your engineering skills across key areas of mechatronics and robotics, including mechanical design, electronics, computing and control.
The course is designed with input from our industry partners and our equipment is industry-standard, so you'll be given the best start for your career.
Our courses share a common first year. You'll get a foundation in a broad range of mechatronic and robotic areas such as mathematics, computing, control, electronics and embedded systems. In the first year, you'll learn how to control robotic systems and you will work as part of a team to design, analyse and test robots, autonomous vehicles and other complex electro-mechanical systems.
- The A Level entry requirements for this course are: AAB including Maths and a science subject
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Maths and a science + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Maths and a science + B in AS or A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, 6, 5 in Higher Level Maths and a science subject
- BTEC | DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A in A Level Maths
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB, including Maths and a science subject in both
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA in Maths and a science subject
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, including 45 at Level 3, with 36 credits at Distinction to include Mathematics, and 9 credits at Merit. Applicants are considered individually.
English language requirements
You must demonstrate that your English is good enough for you to successfully complete your course. For this course we require: GCSE English Language at grade 4/C; IELTS grade of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component; or an alternative acceptable English language qualification
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Electric and Electronic Circuits
- Introduction to Systems Engineering & Software
- Modelling, Analysis and Control
- Physical Systems
- Systems Engineering Mathematics I
- Digital and Embedded Systems
- Group Control Project and Professional Skills
- Global Engineering Challenge Week
- Control Systems Design and Analysis
- Engineering Mechanics
- Signals, Systems, and Communications
- Systems Engineering Mathematics II
- Systems Engineering and Object Oriented Programming
- Engineering - You're Hired
- Individual Project
- Digital Signal Processing
- Finance and Law for Engineers
- Machine Learning
- State-Space Control Design
2021-22 Annual tuition fee
- For Home students: £9,250
- For Overseas students: £24,450
A Levels AAB
We also have extracurricular projects where you can work with other engineering and science students to design and build rockets, submersible robots, autonomous payloads for satellites, rovers and more. You could also take part in a scheme for undergraduates where you work on research projects with academics over the summer period.
As a world top 100 #University in a city like no other, at #Sheffield you'll receive an unrivaled learning #experience and memories that will last forever.
About this institute
The University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is a leading research university with a global reputation for excellence. Ranked in the world's top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings 2021) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group, Sheffield offers a world-class education...
Why study at The University of Sheffield
Five reasons to study at Sheffield
We understand how important choosing the right university is for you and your future. That's why we've put together some information to help you decide whether Sheffield is right for you.
1. The Management School's reputation
Sheffield University Management School is one of the University’s largest departments. We are in the global elite of business schools, having achieved triple Crown accreditation from the three major international accreditation bodies – AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. This is an endorsement of the outstanding quality of our programmes, research output, support for students and alumni, and links with the industry. As a student and graduate of our School, you will be associated with our global reputation for excellence.
2. You'll be taught by experts
Our staff are experts in their fields and many have extensive experience in the industry. We were ranked in the top 5 in the Russell Group for our research impact and 14th overall in the UK in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (2014), a periodic assessment of all university research in the UK. This gives you access to degrees that combine the real-world application with cutting-edge business thinking.
3. Excellent career prospects
Your employability is our priority from the moment you walk through our doors. And it shows, with 95% of graduates in work or further study six months after graduation. OurFutures Firstemployability offer to students includes career coaching, skills training, placements, and special events.
4. Learn in a supportive environment
We want our students to thrive. All of our students have access to a personal tutor throughout their time here, offering academic and pastoral care. Our Student Experience Office is a one-stop shop for all your enquiries and is open every weekday during the term.
5. Live in an exciting student-friendly city
University life is about more than just academic study. Your entire university experience shapes the person you become while you study here. When you study in Sheffieldyou study in a remarkable, affordable and safe city as part of a vibrant student community. Socialize and develop new hobbies and interests in the UK's number one students Union. University accommodation offers value for money and the chance to be part of one of the largest student communities in Sheffield. Take a 360° virtual tour of our student accommodation.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Angola, United States of America