About this program
BA (Hons) Hospitality and Tourism Management
We are one of the top universities in the UK for the study of tourism and hospitality, ranked 8th for student experience and 11th overall, according to the Sunday Times, and 10th in terms of career within 6 months of graduation, in the Guardian League Table. We are also amongst the Top 100 universities in the world in the scientific field of Hospitality & Tourism Management, according to ARWU list (Shanghai Ranking). According to the Guardian University Guide 2021, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is ranked in the top 3 universities in the United Kingdom in the field of Hospitality & Tourism.
This degree is designed to develop a responsive business approach to the international hospitality and tourism industries. The BA (Hons) in Hospitality and Tourism Management offers a high quality management education for those students who aspire to work within the hospitality and tourism industries.
The minimum entry requirements are:
- Apolytirion or High School leaving Certificate or other equivalent.
- Knowledge of English Language.
Non – EU Entry Requirements
Applicants will be assessed on an individual basis, based on their country’s academic qualifications and standards. The language of instruction and assessment for all programmes at our University is English.
Examples of acceptable English language qualifications, equivalent to B1 English Level of the Common European Framework, include:
- IGCSE English Grade
- Cambridge Proficiency Level
- Michigan Proficiency Pass
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Operations
- Introduction to Service Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism
- Academic Writing
- Debating Cases in Applied Ethics
- Business in Context
- Managing People & Enterprise Skills
- English Language I
- English Language II
- Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics
- University Elective
- Exploring Management in THE
- Foundations in Scholarship, Research & Technology
- Tourism in Action
- Tourism Essentials
- Food & Beverage Operations
- International Hospitality Management
- Applied Research & Service Quality in THE
- International Issues in Hospitality
- The Tourist: Behaviour and Culture
- Marketing & ICT for Visitor Economy Managers
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Employability and Talent Management
- International Study Visit
- Tourism Development & Sustainability
- International Corporate Hospitality and Business Events
- Sport Tourism
- Learning from Working in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Managing for Strategic Success in TH&E
- Management Development in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- International Cases in Hospitality & Tourism
- SELECT 1 OF 3 RESEARCH STRANDS
- Research Project
- Managing Your Business
- Tourism & Events: Society, Culture & the Visitor Experience
- Contemporary Issues in Food & Drink
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Experiential Learning
- Managing Quality in Service Organisations
- Creativity in Organisations
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: €8,500 per year.
The programme develops transferable skills relevant to a wide range of career opportunities in management, marketing or other relevant positions in different sectors of the tourism industry. Graduates of the course are able to pursue careers throughout the international hospitality and tourism industries.
Examples of graduate destinations include working for airlines, cruise ships, nightclubs, casinos, major hotel chains and restaurant groups, tourism development offices, theme parks, event planning offices, sport venues and major tour operators.
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus (UCLan Cyprus), is located in Larnaka, and it is now in its ninth year of operation. UCLan Cyprus is the first Branch Campus of the University of Central Lancashire and at the same time...
Why study at UCLan Cyprus
- Earn a Double Degree (two certificates!) that will offer you recognition in Cyprus, in the UK, across Europe and beyond.
- The average cost of studying at any university in the UK is 3x more compared to studying at UCLan Cyprus.
- UCLan Cyprus is the first Branch Campus of the University of Central Lancashire and at the same time a fully-licensed Cypriot University. It is a unique and innovative model of a Cypriot and British University Educational Experience, accredited by the UK Quality Assurance Agency and the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA) respectively.
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Hospitality and Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Bangor, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Murfreesboro, United States of America