About this program
MSc Business Analytics
UCL’s Business Analytics master’s degree programme provides a rigorous, practical foundation in the key skills needed to unlock the value of data, and an in-depth understanding of how companies can use data to make decisions and improve business performance. It combines modules that explore how data and analytics are transforming key areas of business (decision-making, strategy, marketing, operations) with modules that provide students with the mathematical and computational foundations needed to make effective and intuitive use of the latest business analytics tools and platforms.
Graduates from this London-based master’s programme will be highly employable in global companies and high growth and high tech businesses, finance and banking organisations and consulting firms. They will be equipped to influence strategy and decision-making, and be able to drive business performance by transforming data into a powerful strategic asset.
We are looking for intellectually curious, self-motivated students who are passionate about business, technology and data.
- Academic Profile: The minimum entrance requirements are an upper second-class (2:1) Bachelor’s degree from a UK university or an overseas equivalent and a strong aptitude for quantitative analysis. Applicants are likely to have studied a range of degrees including business, engineering, computer science, economics, and psychology. International Students may ascertain qualification equivalents from the UCL international students website. UCL Admissions check qualification equivalencies before forwarding application forms to our School. The UCL School of Management is unable to comment on international qualifications. Career Aspirations: Focused on helping global companies and high-growth businesses use business analytics to tackle world-scale problems.
- English Language Skills: Applicants whose first language is not English must be able to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate. UCL’s preferred English language qualification is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A ‘Good Level’ is required for the Business Analytics: i.e. an overall grade of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the subtests.
- Application Process: Qualifications are assessed only once an application has been submitted. The equivalency of overseas qualifications cannot be assessed unless a full application with all supporting documentation such as degree transcripts, references, etc. has already been submitted to UCL.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the programme website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Strategy and Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Statistical Foundations for Business Analytics
- Programming for Business Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Operations Analytics
- Consulting Project/Dissertation
- Network Analysis
- Decision and Risk Analysis
- Data Engineering
- Data Visualisation
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning for Domain Specialists
- Machine Learning for Business
- Technology and Collective Intelligence
- Managing Dviersity
- Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Influence and Negotiations
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- Technology Entrepreneurship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the School website for more information.
- UK: £19,400
- Overseas: £35,100
Our careers team work with students to enhance their employability, provide tailored individual careers support and facilitate connections with employers globally. Please visit our Careers page for further information.
UCL is consistently ranked as one of the world’s very best universities and employers are keen to meet our students to discuss the opportunities they offer. In addition to the bespoke activities within the School of Management, you also have access to the central UCL Careers provision.
Graduates from this programme will be highly employable in global companies and high growth businesses, finance and banking organisations and consulting firms. They will be equipped to influence strategy and decision-making, and be able to drive business performance by transforming data into a powerful strategic asset.
About this institute
UCL School of Management
At UCL School of Management, we focus on creating disruptive research and preparing the next generation of creative and influential leaders who can apply the latest technological developments as a strategic asset for businesses in the complex, interconnected world of...
Why study at UCL School of Management
Join a top 10 global university and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge required to help you progress in the complex, interconnected business world.
At UCL School of Management, you will study in Canary Wharf, the heart of the global business and finance scene, in the highest classroom in Europe on Level 50 of One Canada Square.
As part of London’s global university, you will develop an excellent network of like-minded individuals paving the way for the business world of the future.
Be the first to write a review!