About this program
MRes and PhD in Management
PhD students pursue their studies in one of the Operations & Technology, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Analytics, and Organisations & Innovation groups. All four groups offer a unique education and research experience to a small number of highly motivated students, with the intent of preparing them for scholarly careers at the highest level.
Minimum of a first-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
We also require you to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores if English is not your first language. Our School requires a “Good” English level which corresponds to:
IELTS: Overall grade of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the sub-tests.
TOEFL: Score of 100 overall, plus 24/30 in the reading and writing subtests and 20/30 in the listening and speaking subtests.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the programme website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The programme typically consists of four or five years of full-time study, starting with one year of modules registered as MRes. These modules are typically advanced postgraduate modules to provide rigorous methodological training to prepare students for their PhD research. Along with the School’s modules, students typically take some of these from other UCL departments (e.g., Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology), the London Business School, Cass Business School, and Imperial College Business School.
- In addition to methods modules, students also undertake a first-year research project under the tutoring and supervision of a faculty member later in the MRes year (Term 3 + Summer period).
- Progression from MRes to MPhil/PhD is not automatic. Superior performance in taught modules and independent, original research is required for progression from MRes to MPhil/PhD.
- Our highly selective and small-sized PhD programme ensures that each student receives personal attention and guidance from our faculty members throughout their doctoral study. The close mentorship process forms the foundations of a successful academic career.
- We expect our PhD graduates to have as their goal an academic career as a faculty member in a top business school or engineering department of a world-class university
- PhD applications are reviewed once a completed application form has been submitted online.
Scholarships & funding
We offer fully funded four/five year MRes/PhD scholarships in the UCL School of Management to all admitted students. The scholarship is open to all nationalities. It covers all tuition fees, and includes an annual stipend of £21,700 which is tax-free.
We offer fully funded scholarships to all admitted students.
About this institute
UCL School of Management
At UCL School of Management, we focus on creating disruptive research and preparing the next generation of creative and influential leaders who can apply the latest technological developments as a strategic asset for businesses in the complex, interconnected world of...
Why study at UCL School of Management
Join a top 10 global university and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge required to help you progress in the complex, interconnected business world.
At UCL School of Management, you will study in Canary Wharf, the heart of the global business and finance scene, in the highest classroom in Europe on Level 50 of One Canada Square.
As part of London’s global university, you will develop an excellent network of like-minded individuals paving the way for the business world of the future.
Be the first to write a review!