Bachelor's Degree in Robotics EngineeringUniversity Carlos III of Madrid
Bachelor's Degree in Robotics Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Robotics Engineering
The new Bachelor’s degree in Robotics Engineering seeks to form professionals who are capable of taking on and resolving highly complex technological problems, ranging from robot design to their real-world implementation.
Robotics influences all aspects of everyday life. It is a transversal discipline that encompasses a broad spectrum of technologies, and according to a recent study by MIT, it is one the 10 technologies of the future.
This degree program offers solid interdisciplinary training with its focus on Robotics. Students will acquire knowledge and competencies in basic core engineering subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Programming, Graphic Expression, and Industrial Organization, etc. At the same time, students will receive a sound education in Robotics in a broad and transversal sense, gaining knowledge on robot conception, design, and control, computer vision, human-robot interaction, social robots, soft robotics, collaborative robots, industry 4.0, and robotic ethics, among others.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Robotics Engineering is taught in English, with special laboratories for small-group lab sessions. Students in the program have the opportunity to carry out professional internships in the sector’s leading companies.
The level required to study in English groups will be proved if you have one of theese followings certifications:
- Sixth year passed in Language Oficial School
- First Certificate or higher
- Minimal puntuation of 5,5 in IELTS Academic
- TOEFL: 72 points in 'Internet-based'
- TRINITY: ISE II or higher
- High School Diploma completed in an English-speaking educational system
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Linear algebra
- Digital skills for information use
- Physic I
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets
- Introduction to robotics
- Mathematics extension
- Algorithms and data structures
- Physic II
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Skills: Humanities I
- Writing and communication skills
- Design of telematic systems
- Graphical expression
- Fundamentals of electronics engineering
- Control engineering I
- Signals and systems
- Introduction to engineering management
- Fundamentals of mechanical engineering
- Electronic instrumentation
- Industrial robotics
- Real-time systems
- Sensors and actuators for robotics
- Automatic machine learning
- Fundamentals of digital communications
- Skills: Humanities II
- Electrical machines
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Robot programming
- Intelligent decision-making in robotics
- Industrial automation
- Control engineering II
- Materials for robots
- Networks and communications protocols
- Strenght of materials
- Computer vision
- Robot's control architectures
- Cybersecurity in robotics
- Soft Skills
- Human-robot interaction
- Collaborative robots
- Flexible production systems
- Soft robotics
- Project in robotics engineering
- Ethics and social implication of robotics
- Mobile manipulators
- Social robotics
- Bachelor thesis
For more information about tuition fees for both EU and international/non-EU students, please contact the university.
Credits: 240 ECTS
- Students must have acquired advanced cutting-edge knowledge and demonstrated in depth understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of working methodology in the field of robotics engineering.
- Through sustained and well-prepared argument and procedures, students will be able to apply their knowledge, their understanding and the capabilities to resolve problems in complex specialized professional and work areas requiring the use of creative and innovative ideas.
- Students must have the capacity to gather and interpret data and information on which they base their conclusions, including where relevant and necessary, reflections on matters of a social, scientific, and ethical nature in their field of study.
- Students must be able to perform in complex situations that require developing novel solutions in the academic as well as in the professional realm, within their field of study.
- Students must know how to communication with all types of audiences (specialized or not) their knowledge, methodology, ideas, problems and solutions in the area of their field of study in a clear and precise way.
- Students must be capable of identifying their own education and training needs in their field of study and the work or professional environment and organize their own learning with a high degree of autonomy in all types of contexts (structured or not).
- Industrial sector companies
- Automation companies
- Robot manufacturing companies
- Aeronautical sector companies
- Service sector companies
- Engineering companies
- Hospitals of the Community of Madrid and their corresponding Research Institutes
- Educational robotics companies
- EBTs in the robotics and related sectors
- State and regional public agencies
Message the school
About this institute
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M)
Is an innovative, teaching and research-oriented university with a strong international profile. It offers a wide range of bachelor's and master's degree programs in English or in bilingual modalities in fields such as Economics and Business, Engineering, Law, Communication, Social...
Why study at University Carlos III of Madrid
- LEADER IN INTERNATIONALIZATION
- AMONG THE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN TERMS OF GRADUATE EMPLOYABILITY
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Robotics Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America